We desperately need our next JJ Hardy

brooksfrankjim

22 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

We desperately need an entire new defensive roster. The outfield sucks, the infield sucks....and the catching position is green at best.

It's amazing how terrible this defense is.

And that is why we are 28 and 71.  I can't even bring myself to watch the games anymore.   I am guessing this team wouldn't be winning championships in triple a. 

34 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So Sept 2022?

I am being somewhat facetious but I don't see anyone in our system who is capable of being above average MLB middle infield. Manny was our best chance to get a Gleybar type of prospect and we couldn't even get Hiura or Lux for him. We might get a stopgap guy like Iglesias but I don't see anyone like that being the next JJ.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I am being somewhat facetious but I don't see anyone in our system who is capable of being above average MLB middle infield. Manny was our best chance to get a Gleybar type of prospect and we couldn't even get Hiura or Lux for him. We might get a stopgap guy like Iglesias but I don't see anyone like that being the next JJ.

Two first round pick shortstops in the low minors.  Hopefully one pans out.  

5 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I like Logan Davidson, collage. Mean time where is JJ now. He's still better than what we have now,

There's a whole college/high school season to be played.  A lot can change by now and then.  From what I can tell, there's no Bryce Harper that people are amping up.  

Bobby Witt Jr happens to have a famous dad and a recognizable name.  He's not the consensus #1 next year.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So would I.  I'm not confident that he will.

Me either.  Off to a decent start right now, .742 OPS.  Only batting .235 but I like that separation between the batting average and on base percentage (.350).  9 walks, 15 strikeouts.

Archived