28 wins in 100 games

gtman55

They are on pace to go 45-117.  That is not only really bad, it is historically awful.  I am absolutely sure that every player we have would be better on another team.   The whole is WAY less than the sum of the parts on this team, as no team should ever finish with a record this bad...or even close.  Can we please trade or release all of these guys?  Wipe the entire slate clean and replace them all with young guys who haven't given up and accepted failure as willingly as this bunch.  

4 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

They are on pace to go 45-117.  That is not only really bad, it is historically awful.  I am absolutely sure that every player we have would be better on another team.   The whole is WAY less than the sum of the parts on this team, as no team should ever finish with a record this bad...or even close.  Can we please trade or release all of these guys?  Wipe the entire slate clean and replace them all with young guys who haven't given up and accepted failure as willingly as this bunch.  

Start with the manager and coaches.   28 winning percentage is terrible.  Looks like Royals are going to pull away from us now. 

It starts at the top. We need a new owner, new management, new coaching staff and new players. Only the Orioles in name.

Or maybe even not in name! Why not just move the franchise to another more profitable city that isn’t in decline, and give it a new name. And a new everything else.

4 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

It starts at the top. We need a new owner, new management, new coaching staff and new players. Only the Orioles in name.

Or maybe even not in name! Why not just move the franchise to another more profitable city that isn’t in decline, and give it a new name. And a new everything else.

I can't disagree with most of what you're saying but I hope you were joking about them leaving town.

29 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Going into the season I knew we weren't going to the playoffs but never expected this kind of historical implosion. Do you think we’ll  win less than 50 games this year?

That's optimistic. Without Machado's bat, everything else being equal, this team will probably not win 40 games. 

29 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

You really think we won't win 12 more games?

Right now they are on pace to win 17 more games. I think that without Machado's bat and everything staying the same, they will win less than 17, perhaps close to 12-14. Unless a big transformation occurs with a big infusion of new blood.

2 hours ago, allquixotic said:

Please no. 

2 hours ago, allquixotic said:

I have a better idea. Why don't you move to a new City.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

40-45 wins.  I think we're seeing the effects of not having Manny already.  Would have been nice to have had him yesterday and today.  Offense was terrible with him, it will be worse without him.

37 strikeouts in 3 games; 15 today, and that was with Davis on the bench.

Archived