Former Orioles farmhand: " I was pretty broken" when he left organization

Tony-OH

46 minutes ago, esmd said:

I'm sure it's all the fault of the Angels.  Just ask his Mom, I'm sure she'll tell us. (Wasn't that a thing, him Mom going on social media or something and trashing the team after the trade?  Sounds like Parker is the apple that didn't fall far from the tree)

Sounds like poor coaching again:

that was a shock. For years, the Orioles had harped on the importance of establishing and locating four-seam fastballs. This season, he has halved his four-seam usage in favor of a cutter, slider and sinker, and six of his seven outings as an Angel have been successful.t

"On one hand you'd like to think he deserves it, and he does deserve it, because he works really hard," Keith Bridwell said. "But there's also an element of things breaking in his favor."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, weams said:

I thought she trashed Frobby. Yeah - it was Frobby.

Last year she PM’d me and said it wasn’t her who trashed me, it was someone using her account.   She seemed nice and I believed her.     The trashing was pretty funny though.   Whoever it was said (among other things) “I bet you’re 40 years old and still live in your mother’s basement.”

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Last year she PM’d me and said it wasn’t her, it was someone using her account.   She seemed nice and I believed her.     The trashing was pretty funny though.   Whoever it was said (among other things) “I bet you’re 40 years old and still live in your mother’s basement.”

I have accused @Can_of_corn of that in the past.  He may have relocated since then...

1 hour ago, esmd said:

I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke or if you're actually serious.

Lots of prospects burn out in all kinds of organization and never make it, and I'm sure a good portion of them think it's not their fault and it's how they were handled.  Somehow, the talented guys like Machado, Schoop, Gausman, Bundy, Mancini, Sisco, etc., manage to make it in spite of the supposed Orioles broken development system.  My guess is, the coaches focus on the better (and probably more coachable) players, and probably let knuckleheads who've got it all figured out continue to be knucklehead's.  JMO.

I've no doubt that this is serious. And I have little doubt that the Bridwell family would say these things. I just wonder why the fix did not take. 

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Last year she PM’d me and said it wasn’t her who trashed me, it was someone using her account.   She seemed nice and I believed her.     The trashing was pretty funny though.   Whoever it was said (among other things) “I bet you’re 40 years old and still live in your mother’s basement.”

So it DEFINITELY was Parker!

19 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

me too, and I am pretty sure, that I would be worse, if I was in this org. LOL

There is no doubt in my mind that if the Orioles had given me $650,000 dollars and traded me to a team that would give me a MLB roster spot at league minimum. If only for a half a year, my life would be better today. Because I'd have saved every penny of it. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

There is no doubt in my mind that if the Orioles had given me $650,000 dollars and traded me to a team that would give me a MLB roster spot at league minimum. If only for a half a year, my life would be better today. Because I'd have saved every penny of it. 

What about your vinyl collection? :)

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

TIFWIW, and this is definitely second hand info, but a buddy of mine heard from a buddy of his that is out working as an UBER driver in Vegas that one night he picked up an Angles pitcher (I don't know who) and they started talking baseball and the driver mentioned he was an O's fan from Baltimore, and this pitcher started talking about how Parker Bridwell had nothing but awful things to say about the O's organization when he signed with Angels.  Again, all second hand, but he mentioned there was practically no use of film for studying and that the coaches and personnel acted like their own no-it-all clique and lacked clear communication with the players.  Again, whatever, but it seems to fit into the narrative of the past few years a bit.

That may be the greatest explanation of a chain of information ever! :D

Saying that, it corresponds to what Bridwell said when he was interviewed after he had a couple of good starts. Not sure if that person was talking about the same interview or not, but that certainly sounds like what Bridwell was alluding to during the interview.

Archived