John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weams said:

The Philly fans all want Adam instead. They say he's a leader and has grit. 

They are right.

God help me, I know its wrong and we shouldn't do it, but I still want Adam back next year to act as a leader and role model for the youngsters.  

Just now, Dipper9 said:

They are right.

God help me, I know its wrong and we shouldn't do it, but I still want Adam back next year to act as a leader and role model for the youngsters.  

I'd have no problem with this, either.  Provided, of course, that he's going to be playing a corner spot.

2 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

They are right.

Nice to know I'm not the only one. Jonesy is my favorite player of all time (I did not grow up with Cal), so the emotional connection is there. He's a great ambassador for the team to the city, in addition to his locker room leadership. I understand why he may need to go. I just won't like it. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

The Philly fans all want Adam instead. They say he's a leader and has grit. 

Not the ones I've interacted with, which admittedly is not the casual type. It makes little sense to give up even a marginal prospect and pay Adam's salary to likely downgrade in right field. He'd certainly be of use to them in the clubhouse and as a 4th outfielder, but I'm not sure why he would agree to go there for that. Other contenders may have more obvious regular need of him.

I know if I'm the Phils, I continue running Williams out there since he's likely the better player now and likely has a productive future with the club.

1 hour ago, Santandah said:

The Giants?!?!?  They're 52-51.  They need to be selling off and rebuilding, or else in another year or two they'll be like us.  And they want salary relief?  Pfft.  Sure, here's AJ, and we'll pay for half of his remaining salary for this year.  Oh, and you want to give us trash back for him?  Sure, why not?

Yeah...um...no.  If SF wants him AND wants salary relief, they better be ready to pony up a pretty good prospect of two.

1 minute ago, esmd said:

The Giants?!?!?  They're 52-51.  They need to be selling off and rebuilding, or else in another year or two they'll be like us.  And they want salary relief?  Pfft.  Sure, here's AJ, and we'll pay for half of his remaining salary for this year.  Oh, and you want to give us trash back for him?  Sure, why not?

Yeah...um...no.  If SF wants him AND wants salary relief, they better be ready to pony up a pretty good prospect of two.

NEVER count the Giants out. What a great franchise.

4 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Not the ones I've interacted with, which admittedly is not the casual type. It makes little sense to give up even a marginal prospect and pay Adam's salary to likely downgrade in right field. He'd certainly be of use to them in the clubhouse and as a 4th outfielder, but I'm not sure why he would agree to go there for that. Other contenders may have more obvious regular need of him.

I know if I'm the Phils, I continue running Williams out there since he's likely the better player now and likely has a productive future with the club.

I bet that is not their thought. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Can't lie, I'd like to keep him here.  

I probably wouldn't be a good GM.  Get a little too tied to players and you cannot do that at all if you want to be a good GM, IMO.

That is why Dan is good.  Boston stole all the emotions from his life. 

Archived