Orioles "No one is untouchable in rebuild"

Roll Tide

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest on Zach Britton: It's looking like a four-team scramble among the #Astros, #RedSox, #Yankees and #Cubs. Hearing that Houston and New York both sweetened their offers in the last day or two.

Jerry Crasnick

Just now, Rene88 said:

.@JackCurryYES mentioned yesterday that #Yankees don’t want to trade top prospects for rentals, so I don’t see Cashman giving up Florial for Britton.

I also read that the Yankees view Brandon Drury as one of their main chips. He'd be fine as a tertiary piece, but IMO not good enough to be a central piece of a Britton deal. I'd take him for Brach but I doubt they do that.

3 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:

I also read that the Yankees view Brandon Drury as one of their main chips. He'd be fine as a tertiary piece, but IMO not good enough to be a central piece of a Britton deal. I'd take him for Brach but I doubt they do that.

The MFY must think everyone are morons. I’d trade him to the Sox just to send a message to stop wasting our time with insultingly low offers.

Zach Britton: Difference maker?

Moving Zach Britton is the Orioles' top priority at the moment. After that, sources said, the Orioles are willing to engage on Jonathan Schoop and Kevin Gausman. "They're the real rebuild pieces,'' said a scout.

Any talks surrounding Adam Jones and Brad Brach could go right down to the July 31 deadline. Jones' situation is complicated by his personal ties to Baltimore and 10/5 service time rights, which give him final say over any trade. While Brach has a solid track record, he's having a subpar season (1.74 WHIP, 4.97 ERA) in a market filled with bullpen arms. "There are 10 Brad Brachs out there,'' said an NL scout.

Britton's appeal has steadily increased with his performances of late. He has thrown eight straight scoreless innings over a span of eight appearances dating back to June 30, and he's looked better each time out in his return from a ruptured Achilles.

"He hasn't pitched enough to be real sharp,'' said an AL personnel man. "But if it were me, I'd jump all over the guy. He doesn't have a feel for his breaking ball yet, and (the Orioles) don't have many save situations, so there's not a whole lot of adrenaline when he comes in the game. But if you get him to the right place, you'll be happy with him.

Interesting comments in Roch’s latest blog regarding our controllable assets:

“The Brewers have talked to the Orioles about Schoop, as I tweeted Sunday, but a report that the sides are close to a deal is inaccurate, according to a source. Only the discussions have been confirmed.

Starters Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman and reliever Mychal Givens also are drawing interest from multiple clubs, and the Orioles will continue to listen despite having them under contractural control beyond 2018 and 2019.”

Never saw the initial report saying a deal was close on Schoop, but interesting to possibly hear that we are doing more than just “listening.”

20 minutes ago, janderson1622 said:

Interesting comments in Roch’s latest blog regarding our controllable assets:

“The Brewers have talked to the Orioles about Schoop, as I tweeted Sunday, but a report that the sides are close to a deal is inaccurate, according to a source. Only the discussions have been confirmed.

Starters Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman and reliever Mychal Givens also are drawing interest from multiple clubs, and the Orioles will continue to listen despite having them under contractural control beyond 2018 and 2019.”

Never saw the initial report saying a deal was close on Schoop, but interesting to possibly hear that we are doing more than just “listening.”

If you can get a package around Hiura for Schoop, you do it.

Archived