Who's next to be traded?

Flacco Machado

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 of the Rockies top 10 prospects are infielders 

1) #1 Rodgers SS Scouting grades: Hit: 60 | Power: 55 | Run: 50 | Arm: 60 | Field: 50 | Overall: 60

2) #2Walker 3B Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 55 | Field: 50 | Overall: 55

3) #5 Vlade SS Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 55 | Run: 45 | Arm: 60 | Field: 55 | Overall: 50

4)#6 Hampson SS/2B Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 30 | Run: 65 | Arm: 50 | Field: 60 | Overall: 50

5) #8 Nevin 3B/1B  Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 50 | Field: 50 | Overall: 50

if the Rockies offered you two of these and SP 22 yr old Gaddis would you trade Gausman?

Brach.  He's an easy move - there are a lot of teams that need pen help and we won't get much back.

Then Jones.  I think they'll try to do AJ a solid by sending him somewhere he likes and he's probably not that highly coveted.

Valencia goes in August.

I think Bundy, Givens, and Schoop stay... so my surprise trade by next week is Gausman to Colorado

Neither Bundy nor Schoop get traded before the deadline unless the O's get an offer they can't refuse imo.  Gausman -- maybe -- if someone like the Rockies overpays for him.  Jones -- I'm guessing probably gets traded but not definitely.  His market might be too limited.  Would like to see the O's keep and re-sign Brach since he's having a down season and could come back strong next year.

Jones is next in another walk-year trade.  I'd be stunned if they trade Brach.  Between Gausman and Bundy, my guess is Kevin goes.  Since Gausman has service time beyond this season, I'd expect more than in a deal for Jones.  That's why the O's have a week to work out a deal, but they could hold him until the offseason to revisit.   Schoop has possibly  the most value of all I mentioned, but I think he's the last trade, if the O's even get into negotiations.

5 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Jones and Brach to Indians for Chang Civale and lower lottery ticket.

That would be an outstanding return, but the Indians don't make that deal. They are no longer as desperate for bullpen help with Miller coming back around and Brad Hand and Cimber. Chang is blocked but is big-league ready and has legit upside. they might make the move for only Civale and the lotto ticket if we take on some of the salary. 

59 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I thought he pitched well considering the atmosphere. Two soft infield batted balls, Two errors, and steady heavy rain.

Any scout would say the inning would be over and the run should not have scored. Our defense is awful.

I wanted to see Nunez and I've already seen enough in two games.

I wasn't referring to tonight -- though his inability to throw strikes was pretty extreme -- but to his performance all season. He'll look real good for a couple of batters, then hang one or groove one. 

The nature of the Orioles' trade chips needs to be better fleshed out/understood. With Machado and Britton, the O's have traded their potential "difference makers" for teams that are pushing for the playoffs. Guys like Schoop, Bundy, and/or Gausman probably don't fit into that category based on 2018 performance. Their value is tied to greater amounts of team control and potential improvement in new environments. IMO, those three should be traded over the winter (especially Schoop, since his bat only just started waking up). I think Brach, Jones, and Givens are the next ones to go (in roughly that order, if at all). The RPs because they could be useful finishing touches for playoff teams; Jones for "veteran presence/leadership." 

TL;DR...I'd expect 1-2 more trades before the deadline, probably Brach and Jones. The Orioles have until February 2019 to maximize returns for Schoop/Gausman/Bundy. They don't have to be traded right now.

45 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

5 of the Rockies top 10 prospects are infielders 

1) #1 Rodgers SS Scouting grades: Hit: 60 | Power: 55 | Run: 50 | Arm: 60 | Field: 50 | Overall: 60

2) #2Walker 3B Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 55 | Field: 50 | Overall: 55

3) #5 Vlade SS Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 55 | Run: 45 | Arm: 60 | Field: 55 | Overall: 50

4)#6 Hampson SS/2B Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 30 | Run: 65 | Arm: 50 | Field: 60 | Overall: 50

5) #8 Nevin 3B/1B  Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 40 | Arm: 50 | Field: 50 | Overall: 50

if the Rockies offered you two of these and SP 22 yr old Gaddis would you trade Gausman?

Rodgers, Walker and Gaddis. Done. There is no question. Rather have Rodgers, Walker and Tyler plus lotto guy. 

Adam Jones to the Indians or Mariners makes too much sense, and I (baselessly) suspect shouldn't be difficult to negotiate. I could see this happening very soon.

Not too sure O's are gonna see the market they're expecting for Brach, that one might carry to the deadline if it happens at all.

Schoop and Gausman really depend on the other teams. I think the O's are genuinely motivated sellers, but it will only happen if someone is willing to pay big.

Cashner, Valencia, and Trumbo are tradeable; with only six days left and a lot of more important work left to be done, I'm guessing it will need to be the other teams coming to us for something to happen.

I think it would take a panic move on the part of the other team for us to move Bundy, Givens, or Mancini right now. Very unlikely, but probably Christmas in July for us if it does.

Archived