TT: A quick look at three pitchers acquired for Britton

Tony-OH

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the trade. It's painful when a group of likeable players like this gets broken up but hopefully some of the new guys can win our hearts like this team did.

I was listening to a replay of the AL East clinching game yesterday and it still gave me goosebumps.

I like the first two but Rogers sounds like filler.  Guess he could turn into a Bleier which obviously would be great, but I’d like a lottery ticket there.  Would be fun to get a 17 year old guy they just signed out of the Dominican.  Sure he may be nothing, but I’d love a young guy, long way away with tools not a guy you hope may compete for the 24th or 25th roster spot one day.

3 minutes ago, Punchandjudy said:

I like the first two but Rogers sounds like filler.  Guess he could turn into a Bleier which obviously would be great, but I’d like a lottery ticket there.  Would be fun to get a 17 year old guy they just signed out of the Dominican.  Sure he may be nothing, but I’d love a young guy, long way away with tools not a guy you hope may compete for the 24th or 25th roster spot one day.

Time will tell.  They mention he could be a 5th.  If any number of Gausmen, Bundy, Cashner leave, he'll be an active filler.

Archived