Orioles hiring Eddie Murray as Special Advisor

Greg Pappas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

This is very cool.  Glad to have Eddie back! As an aside, John Angelos' name keeps coming up in a positive way...

Over the past few years I have usually liked the things I have heard attributed to him. The trend continues. Personally, as a fan JAngelos has a clean slate with me. I'm excited for his time at the reigns.

I was there with my son.  Ryan Wagner asked the crowd to guess who the "legend" would be.  Nobody guessed Eddie.   After all, Eddie lives in California.  We thought maybe Brooks since his recent arrangement with John Angelos, or Jim Palmer.  When Ryan announced HOFer and first baseman, the cheers broke out.  Ed-die!  Ed-die!  Photo ops for everyone!  Very cool.

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I want people to know, and Ive stated on the record this week that Brooks personally wrote a letter to Peter Angelos for a role in the organization at least 20 years ago.He would be hired to talk to the young players during Spring Training , offer some insights for veteran players on defense...and  make appearances on behalf of the franchise.

HE NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE.

John Angelos is a good man who has done great work in the community and now he is rightly hiring Oriole legends to help say and do positive things for the franchise...but in the case of Brooks....this should've been done two decades ago.

Brooks will be 82, God willing, next summer....I believe this move for him was too little..too late.

Brooks doesn't seem to be the type of person to hold grudges .  I agree with you that the missed opportunity is truly heartbreaking.  Please give Brooks and Jim our love when you see them in Cooperstown this weekend.

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I want people to know, and Ive stated on the record this week that Brooks personally wrote a letter to Peter Angelos for a role in the organization at least 20 years ago.He would be hired to talk to the young players during Spring Training , offer some insights for veteran players on defense...and  make appearances on behalf of the franchise.

HE NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE.

John Angelos is a good man who has done great work in the community and now he is rightly hiring Oriole legends to help say and do positive things for the franchise...but in the case of Brooks....this should've been done two decades ago.

Brooks will be 82, God willing, next summer....I believe this move for him was too little..too late.

That is a sin.  I've been reading a ton of Orioles literature lately ( reading "Putting It All Together" right now) and Brooks comes off as the proudest Oriole of all time.  I can't see how anyone could turn a cold shoulder to that man.

4 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Brooks doesn't seem to be the type of person to hold grudges .  I agree with you that the missed opportunity is truly heartbreaking.  Please give Brooks and Jim our love when you see them in Cooperstown this weekend.

And try the Cooperstown Distillery small batch Beanball Bourbon...one of my highlights of recent Cooperstown trip....

Archived