Bundy is Broken

weams

32 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

As we discussed at the OH game, it's time for it to end. It essentially cost Chien-Ming Wang his career.

Bundy was on a nice roll before the injury and hasn't been the same since.

I love watching at least 1 pitcher hit.  His name starts with S, and ends in -ohei Ohtani.

But he kind of breaks the game of baseball.

On Bundy, he's not broken.  Because the game didn't happen.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, esmd said:

By all accounts his shoulder and elbow seem to be okay, sounds like the ankle is keeping him from really using his legs to get his best velocity.  I don't know that he needs to be shut down for the year, but maybe a 10 day DL trip might be in order.  I guess it all depends on the injury.  Is it a sprain that will improve with rest, or does he need an operation possibly?  No way for us to know.  Still, in this lost season, I agree that erring on the side of caution is the best course.

Correct Bundy has never had great speed arm action but had very strong legs that gives him his velocity and usually allows pitchers to keep that during a game compared to guys that throw all arm and fatigue fast.  This season Bundy has had two injury issues first his hamstring which affects his push off the mound and now the ankle again which hurts his push off.  When he has his legs you see the low to mid 90s fastball when he doesn't have them he is low 90s or even upper 80s like last night.  I would rest him some until that ankle gets better or it may cause arm issues with over compensating for the lack of push off from his legs.   

6 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I love watching at least 1 pitcher hit.  His name starts with S, and ends in -ohei Ohtani.

But he kind of breaks the game of baseball.

On Bundy, he's not broken.  Because the game didn't happen.

Maybe he's not a pitcher any longer. Have we discussed that? 

9 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Correct Bundy has never had great speed arm action but had very strong legs that gives him his velocity and usually allows pitchers to keep that during a game compared to guys that throw all arm and fatigue fast.  This season Bundy has had two injury issues first his hamstring which affects his push off the mound and now the ankle again which hurts his push off.  When he has his legs you see the low to mid 90s fastball when he doesn't have them he is low 90s or even upper 80s like last night.  I would rest him some until that ankle gets better or it may cause arm issues with over compensating for the lack of push off from his legs.   

That thought occurred to me as well, and is certainly cause for concern/caution.

7 hours ago, Aglets said:

Bundy ERA by month:

April (6 starts) - 2.97

May (6 starts) - 6.12

June (4 starts) - 1.98

July (3 starts) - 10.95

You guys it looks like he'll be fine in August.   ;)

His next start would be Tuesday (July 31).   Better push him back a day.

On 7/25/2018 at 7:15 PM, weams said:

Bundy is Broken

That is all. 

Let him get health please, and never ever let a pitcher swing a bat. 

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/29) 

Somebody glued him back together for today's game.

o

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/29) 

o

4 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

Not convinced. 

o

Good for you.

o

On 7/29/2018 at 3:38 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/29) 

o

o

(vs. RANGERS, 8/04) 

Ace Marotta did a pretty good job on Bundy before this game, too

1 Earned Run over 6 Innings Pitched.

o

Archived