Rebuild: Keep One

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta pick one, mmk.  Today July 26 (cause the 25 man keeps changing)

Priority for me is controllability and youth.  I'm actually going to go with 23 year old Tanner Scott.  His ERA is not good, nor is his WHIP, but he is striking out 13.7 K/9 and I have a feeling he'll regress to his mean, which will be a good thing.  He's a lefty in the bullpen, and he's controllable through what, 2024?

So yeah.  Not a ringing endorsement.  I thought about Miguel Castro too, but his K/9 is really low.

If Chance Sisco were on the 25-man roster I would pick him.

9 minutes ago, MarylandAaron said:

I'll say Adam Jones. Despite the fact that we're rebuilding, we still have to have to field a 25-man roster in the meantime. Jones would be a good role model for the younger guys. He plays the game hard, and is as reliable as it gets.

This is what I would say. He is also someone to cheer for. Thinking non logically if we didn't have Davis or Trumbo I would love to trade Jones and sign him back and then also sign Markakis to a cheap deal, this is of course if we didn't have all these outfielders in the minors and again is not logical 

4 hours ago, foxfield said:

I think Davis is still the correct answer.  Cut him next year. (technically meeting the OP criteria)

But Frobbys answer of Jefry Ramírez is good too.

Yefry - pronounced Jefry - ? and good answer!  El me gusta!

Yefry Ramirez.  He'll still be around and relatively inexpensive 3 or 4 years from now, which is the earliest we can reasonably expect to be respectable.  Maybe he doesn't have the raw tools of Scott, but he has shown he can get major league hitters out and seems to be the safer bet.

Archived