Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

I wonder how the O's and other teams view Schoop's value?  Is it in Britton-value territory, or closer to Manny?  I suspect Britton'ish.

You think a year plus of Schoop is only equal to a couple months of Britton?

I think folks here are putting way too much weight on his first half performance when he was dealing with his oblique injury.

Well, I think it’s safe to say that Givens will be here Wednesday. Tough year. Jones is probably staying. Even if traded, Brach and Valencia would bring back peanuts. Gausman may be our only hope and I don’t think we’d get a “fair” return because the markets seems to be a little flooded with SP. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Well, I think it’s safe to say that Givens will be here Wednesday. Tough year. Jones is probably staying. Even if traded, Brach and Valencia would bring back peanuts. Gausman may be our only hope and I don’t think we’d get a “fair” return because the markets seems to be a little flooded with SP. 

In what world is this market flooded with SP. There are very few options for impact arms. Gausman would be one of the few that might be available along with Archer and Wheeler.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think a year plus of Schoop is only equal to a couple months of Britton?

I think folks here are putting way too much weight on his first half performance when he was dealing with his oblique injury.

You definitely nailed his under performance to the oblique injury. His .720 OPS isn’t that far off his usual numbers and that’s considering how bad he was when he was hurt. 

The trade deadline is a funny thing. We saw Beckham get traded and be the Player or the month after it last year. Well Schoop might be the player of the month because he wants to get traded. 

I’d say that’s pretty clutch. 

18 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

Concerning this Pirates trade stuff...

When you check the reactions to Yardball85 and Greg in this thread, it's "Roch of Ages" a.k.a Roch Kubatko. He laughed at the Rollison tweet in YB85's post and gave "thanks" to Greg's post, about this trade not passing the smell test.

It's not happening, folks.

I can't believe that's Roch, you think he has time to read and react to all the stuff here, he has a comment section filled with comments that are much further out there than anything on this message board.

3 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:

In what world is this market flooded with SP. There are very few options for impact arms. Gausman would be one of the few that might be available along with Archer and Wheeler.

For the market there are “better” options than Gausman. Who needs SP of the contenders?  NYY, BOS, Hou, LAD, and Clev appear to be set. Why would a WC team trade for a guy that might not pitch in the playoffs?

Maybe I’m off base. But where is the realistic market?

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

For the market there are “better” options than Gausman. Who needs SP of the contenders?  NYY, BOS, Hou, LAD, and Clev appear to be set. Why would a WC team trade for a guy that might not pitch in the playoffs?

Maybe I’m off base. But where is the realistic market?

Pirates, Rockies, Brewers, and the Yankees could all be fits. Braves too. Severino has been terrible as of late and they have been looking at Archer, Gausman would most certainly be in play for them. There are always buyers for controllable SP, but few sellers.

7 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I can't believe that's Roch, you think he has time to read and react to all the stuff here, he has a comment section filled with comments that are much further out there than anything on this message board.

Yes. I do believe it.

Who would have their handle as "Roch of Ages"? He only gives reactions. He has never posted comments here. It's not like he's putting a lot of thought into things.

How many of us go back and forth between Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.? It's not difficult to go to different outlets in the blink of an eye.

When I asked weams about it, he didn't deny it.

1 minute ago, Flacco Machado said:

Yes. I do believe it.

Who would have their handle as "Roch of Ages"? He only gives reactions. He never posts. It's not like he's putting a lot of thought into things.

How many of us go back and forth between Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.?

When I asked weams about it, he didn't deny it.

Even if it is Roch(which is a long shot), it's not as if he has the all-knowing sources. He was behind on Mesa, often behind on Manny and Britton. Gausman probably won't get traded, but we really can't say what will happen.

17 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I wonder how the O's and other teams view Schoop's value?  Is it in Britton-value territory, or closer to Manny?  I suspect Britton'ish.

No, I think Schoop should command two top 10 prospects from anyone's system if we trade him before Tuesday.  If we move him in the off-season, it will still be a better return than Britton I should think.  Especially if he stays scorching hot.

Archived