Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

Like the Twins, the Orioles mainly have wanted to deal walk-year guys, as they have with Manny Machado and Zach Britton, and are trying to with Brad Brach and Adam Jones. So far, they have had a lot of inquiries on Bundy and, especially, Gausman, but not enough to move either one of them.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/teams-remain-reluctant-to-deal-this-group-of-coveted-trade-chips/

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Greg said:

Like the Twins, the Orioles mainly have wanted to deal walk-year guys, as they have with Manny Machado and Zach Britton, and are trying to with Brad Brach and Adam Jones. So far, they have had a lot of inquiries on Bundy and, especially, Gausman, but not enough to move either one of them.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/teams-remain-reluctant-to-deal-this-group-of-coveted-trade-chips/

Was too much to hope they would actually go all in on rebuilding.

I like what they have done so far but it's half measures.

27 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Will fans be satisfied if no one else is traded?

I'd be annoyed, but without knowing the market for some of these guys, we cannot know for sure.  I would have been beyond furious if Machado wasn't dealt, and pretty furious if Britton wasn't.  As far as I'm concerned the worst they can do is a C grade  from here on out.

You guys really need to stop listening to guys on twitter without blue check marks next to name. Ken sends a tweet out at 11:07 saying Pittsburgh is looking for controllable pitches. Then within minutes this no names comes out and says this. Come on folks doesn’t pass the smell test.

2 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Gotta say I'd be pretty disappointed if Shane Baz was the headliner in a Gausman deal 

He was one of the top high school arms in the 2017 draft and was a borderline top-100 prospect entering this season. I would want other pieces but Baz is nothing to sneeze at.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

He was one of the top high school arms in the 2017 draft and was a borderline top-100 prospect entering this season. I would want other pieces but Baz is nothing to sneeze at.

Oh he's a good prospect. Law had him as an honorable mention in his midseason top 50. But a controllable pitcher like Gausman should get multiple top 100 prospects or one high end prospect in the top 25-30. We'll see though, it's just a random guy reporting it

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

You guys really need to stop listening to guys on twitter without blue check marks next to name. Ken sends a tweet out at 11:07 saying Pittsburgh is looking for controllable pitches. Then within minutes this no names comes out and says this. Come on folks doesn’t pass the smell test.

The dude writes for the Pirates version of Camden Chat, but yeah, lots of people have sources and I'm sure the Orioles are having discussions on Gausman, Schoop, etc with multiple teams. But very few people have good sources close to the action.

Archived