Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, sounds like no controllable pieces will be traded and neither will Jones. That just leaves Brach i guess. They shouldn't pull the trigger on a bad deal just because, but it would be a little bit of cold water if that's how it played out.

21 minutes ago, Greg said:

You guys really need to stop listening to guys on twitter without blue check marks next to name. Ken sends a tweet out at 11:07 saying Pittsburgh is looking for controllable pitches. Then within minutes this no names comes out and says this. Come on folks doesn’t pass the smell test.

Dan Clark has a checkmark...

I doubt anyone gets traded by the deadline.  Brach has no value to a contender.  Jones isn't going to waive his rights to block a trade. No one would want Valencia.  Schoop and Gausman could be easily traded during  the off-season.  

1 minute ago, O's are Legends said:

Time to cue up the let's win 50 in a row and get back into this thread.

Unfortunately winning 50 in a row would put us at 79-74.  I don't think that get us into wild card contention. 

31 minutes ago, Greg said:

You guys really need to stop listening to guys on twitter without blue check marks next to name. Ken sends a tweet out at 11:07 saying Pittsburgh is looking for controllable pitches. Then within minutes this no names comes out and says this. Come on folks doesn’t pass the smell test.

Also FWIW, this guy hasn't tweeted anything else mentioning sources in the run up to the trade deadline. The dude tweets a lot, but hasn't engaged in any speculation or rumors other than retweeting the national sources. So I believe there is a source that told him that, but the question is does the source know what he/she is talking about.

8 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Also FWIW, this guy hasn't tweeted anything else mentioning sources in the run up to the trade deadline. The dude tweets a lot, but hasn't engaged in any speculation or rumors other than retweeting the national sources. So I believe there is a source that told him that, but the question is does the source know what he/she is talking about.

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up but if we could get Baz with Cruz and Hearn/Kramer that'd be pretty darn solid.

Sadness.

Well, there is still a fair chance that a Valencia or Brach would clear waivers.  Valencia has a limited role and Brach has been awful. Even then, the team won't get much back.

The next major moves will be Gausman, Schoop and/or Bundy and likely in the off season, if not next year's trade deadline.  (would prefer off season)

I can't imagine anyone gets moved prior to the deadline. My guess is KG and School get moved in the off-season. I would think someone would claim Jones, Brach, and Valencia on the waiver wire in August so the O's will pull them back. 

2 minutes ago, jgjbanker said:

I can't imagine anyone gets moved prior to the deadline. My guess is KG and School get moved in the off-season. I would think someone would claim Jones, Brach, and Valencia on the waiver wire in August so the O's will pull them back. 

I'd be very surprised if at least one Oriole isn't moved before the deadline. 

Archived