Tuesday's (7/31/18) Trade Deadline

Greg Pappas

Just now, Aglets said:

I definitely agree that we should not trade any of these players for peanuts just to get rid of them.  The Pittsburgh rumors for Gausman and Givens though are definitely intriguing.......

But, according to Heyman, they are false.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Aglets said:

I definitely agree that we should not trade any of these players for peanuts just to get rid of them.  The Pittsburgh rumors for Gausman and Givens though are definitely intriguing.......

Yes, and despite that Greg guy wanting to continue to push the narrative that we won't, it would be great for the organization. But if they don't offer us a worthwhile package keep them and talk deal in the offseason/next deadline.

Just now, clapdiddy said:

But, according to Heyman, they are false.

Heyman has been wrong tons of times.

There's reports we have scouted/done work on their prospects. These trade talks are fluid, especially a day out from the deadline. If they fail on Archer/that doesn't work out, plenty of reason to believe Gaus could be in sites. We've also heard the Brewers linked to controlled arms and that Pirates blogger mentioned them today as well.

1 minute ago, ISU94 said:

There's reports we have scouted/done work on their prospects. These trade talks are fluid, especially a day out from the deadline. If they fail on Archer/that doesn't work out, plenty of reason to believe Gaus could be in sites. We've also heard the Brewers linked to controlled arms and that Pirates blogger mentioned them today as well.

The fast is, none of really know what's happening. Things can change with one phone call. And we know that the interest for Gausman is there.

This is going to turn out to be such a half-assed rebuild after hearing so much positive talk following the Manny and Britton trades. Looks like management still trying to keep enough together to shoot for a .500 season next year.

34 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

I would believe Heyman before some guy who isn't a professional journalist.  Its not like any of the other known resources are talking about it. 

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

This is going to turn out to be such a half-assed rebuild after hearing so much positive talk following the Manny and Britton trades. Looks like management still trying to keep enough together to shoot for a .500 season next year.

Because they don't want to give away their controllable players for peanuts? 

To each his own I guess.

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Based on what? Only Schoop is a free agent after next season. He is clearly available, but if teams aren't going to give up a couple of top-100 pieces for him, I'm not sure it is worth trading him. They don't need to trade anyone else unless they are blown away by an offer. They still have to field a team and sell tickets, so they can't trade everyone with value no matter the return.

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Based on what? Only Schoop is a free agent after next season. He is clearly available, but if teams aren't going to give up a couple of top-100 pieces for him, I'm not sure it is worth trading him. They don't need to trade anyone else unless they are blown away by an offer. They still have to field a team and sell tickets, so they can't trade everyone with value no matter the return.

Stop making sense.

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Yeah, I'm sure coming off a 115 loss season, having Schoop will make a difference in how many tickets are sold.

Archived