Gausman, Brach to Pirates?

OrioleLochRaven

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Well people on a message board think it’s an underpay, not the FO. Who knows if any of this is true, but we are talking about other names. They could have Baz ranked higher internally than external publications. It’s not like we’re pulling up BA’s prospect rankings when making trades. Given where Baz went in last year’s draft we had to already have a good book on him. 

Fair point.  It's also worth noting that they don't have much pitching depth in the minors and Baz is one of two guys in their system that project possibly to a solid rotation member.  Whereas they have a lot of OF and IF depth where they can trade from a surplus.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems there's a bit of smoke surrounding Gausman to the Pirates. Makes sense for the pirates since they have multiple infield prospects and need some controllable starting pitching. Making a trade could really help the rebuild. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

Who is this guy? Seems like phony insider stuff. 

He's the reason this thread started. Podcaster/analyst claimed the Pirates had made progress on a Gausman/Brach deal. 

9 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I call BS on this twitter account and rumor. Why in the world would the Pirates be trying to bolster their roster when they're 6.5 games back with two better teams in front of them? 

They probably figure Ray Searage could get the best out of Gausman. Maybe less about this year than having that control. You turn Gausman into a beast, he'll have way more value going forward. 

Just now, Finisher said:

They probably figure Ray Searage could get the best out of Gausman. Maybe less about this year than having that control. You turn Gausman into a beast, he'll have way more value going forward. 

also, 2nd wildcard is 3.5 games back

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

I call BS on this twitter account and rumor. Why in the world would the Pirates be trying to bolster their roster when they're 6.5 games back with two better teams in front of them? 

Who knows about the Rollison guy, but the Pirates' beat writer with The Athletic has tweeted about the team's interest in Gausman. 

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

I hear ya, but it just doesn't seem like the type of move the Pirate's would make (to me).

Maybe the ownership is pushing for a trade due to incredibly low attendance? Regardless of the cause, their interest is real.

Archived