Gausman, Brach to Pirates?

OrioleLochRaven

17 minutes ago, Greg said:

Man I can’t wait till 4pm tomorrow and All these so called insiders go away.

Why waste your own time reading and posting in these potential trade threads then?  It's all rumor and speculation, and you clearly aren't buying any of it.  I don't disagree with you by the way, I don't think anything will happen with Gausman right now either.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

If the Orioles could pull this off AND get VVM...it'd make all the losing this year worth it.

We'd still be missing an elite, elite guy at the top...but we'd be quite deep in legitimate Major League regular level prospects and would certainly have to be considered in the top-half of farm systems in the game. We wouldn't quite be the Atlanta, San Diego level, but we'd be in the conversation with that next tier down, right?

(Of course, this is all counting our chickens before they hatch)

I would have expected better for Gausman + Givens.  Unless the non-headliners are all really promising.  Hayes seems similar to Diaz - 55-ish FV prospect on the upswing,  Though he apparently plays 3B well enough to stick there, which is a big plus.

5 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

We'd still be missing an elite, elite guy at the top...but we'd be quite deep in legitimate Major League regular level prospects and would certainly have to be considered in the top-half of farm systems in the game. We wouldn't quite be the Atlanta, San Diego level, but we'd be in the conversation with that next tier down, right?

Add in a potential top pick next year, ie: Whitt or Rutschman, and we'd be top 5.

Again, let's not count those chickens, just yet...but they're hatching...?

5 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Well, VVM is an elite ceiling guy.  And if we keep losing enough to get Witt Jr next year...

4 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Next year's draft and presumably the 2020 draft should allow us to draft at least two guys with that superstar potential. We have laid the foundation(hopefully) for the future playoff team and it looks a less one dimensional than the 2012-16 iteration. We now have a really deep farm system, if we can keep that depth, our future window looks bright. VVM also has superstar ceiling(if we sign him), Hall/GrayRod/Harvey have frontline potential. Worst case, if we keep a good farm system, we can trade for a stud. Also, Schoop/Gausman hauls could bring back sky high ceiling guys. IMO, if Schoop is on the O's next season, he will have been extended and seen as the superstar veteran building block.

3 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:

Next year's draft and presumably the 2020 draft should allow us to draft at least two guys with that superstar potential. We have laid the foundation(hopefully) for the future playoff team and it looks a less one dimensional than the 2012-16 iteration. We now have a really deep farm system, if we can keep that depth, our future window looks bright. VVM also has superstar ceiling(if we sign him), Hall/GrayRod/Harvey have frontline potential. Worst case, if we keep a good farm system, we can trade for a stud. Also, Schoop/Gausman hauls could bring back sky high ceiling guys. IMO, if Schoop is on the O's next season, he will have been extended and seen as the superstar veteran building block.

I could get behind extending him, but I'm not sure I classify him as a "superstar". He's a good power bat in the infield, but I don't think he gets on base enough to be truly elite, but rather an above average regular.

1 minute ago, Dipper9 said:

Who is gonna play on the Orioles next year?  Do we bring up the young guys early and let them drown at the Major League level, or do we sign a bunch of Craig Gentry types to fill out the team?  

Davis, Trumbo, Mancini, Sisco and five rule V guys.

1 minute ago, jamalshw said:

I could get behind extending him, but I'm not sure I classify him as a "superstar". He's a good power bat in the infield, but I don't think he gets on base enough to be truly elite, but rather an above average regular.

Yeah....superstar might be a bit much. Star would be a better description. Potential to be a perennial all-star(might be tough due to pool of AL second basemen) if he continues hitting like he has in the past month and in 2017. 

Archived