Who Goes Today?

weams

Who Goes Today?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who Goes Today?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/18 at 16:02

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

But $2 million?  A lot of teams would love to have him at that kind of cost.  If he's traded, the Orioles won't have to eat $11.5 million of his salary, IMO.

I don't think any GM that is the least bit analytical would use love and Mark Trumbo in the same sentence even at 2 million dollars.  They would take because the reward far outweighs the risk at that price point, but if anything the last couple of free agent periods have shown teams just don't want anything to do with the Mark Trumbo's of the world.  

I will always believe resigning Mark Trumbo was an overcorrection to not resigning Nelson Cruz and watching him continue to hit well into what was supposed to be his down years.  

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be surprised if the Brewers make a move for Bundy or Gausman. Depends on the ask of course. There really are no comparable deals for SP this year to use as a point of reference. You could look at the Yankees trade for Sonny Gray last year, but most of the prospects they sent over were injured.

Lots of teams need SP

1 minute ago, awannabegeek said:

I don't think any GM that is the least bit analytical would use love and Mark Trumbo in the same sentence even at 2 million dollars.  They would take because the reward far outweighs the risk at that price point, but if anything the last couple of free agent periods have shown teams just don't want anything to do with the Mark Trumbo's of the world.  

I will always believe resigning Mark Trumbo was an overcorrection to not resigning Nelson Cruz and watching him continue to hit well into what was supposed to be his down years.  

Thank you for agreeing.

1 minute ago, awannabegeek said:

Wasnt Trumbo resigned before Davis?

Wasn't the finest hour for this FO.

But, it looks like Daddy Peter isnt in charge, now.

1 minute ago, keithstone said:

Don't be surprised if the Brewers make a move for Bundy or Gausman. Depends on the ask of course. There really are no comparable deals for SP this year to use as a point of reference. You could look at the Yankees trade for Sonny Gray last year, but most of the prospects they sent over were injured.

Lots of teams need SP

The Nats do too, and they are offering up two of their own, while looking for other arms.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

The Nats do too, and they are offering up two of their own, while looking for other arms.

Kieboom for Gausman. I keep saying it but makes a ton of sense for both teams. He’s going to be good. 

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

No.

Trumbo was traded for before Davis was brought back.

Trumbo was resigned the following season.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Your Nats are having a last minute fire sale. 

No. Rizzo came out an hour ago and said “he believes in this team” Rolls eyes...maybe Rizzo should tell ownership they should pony up the money to bring Dusty back and get this moron out of the dugout. Martinez is awful.

8 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I don't remember...Can of Corn pointed out a different timeframe.  I believe Chris was resigned because of Buck and his perception as a fan favorite. 

I think Trumbo was resigned because his situation was nearly identical to Nelson's, while acquired differently, they had career years and entered free agency. The Orioles let Nelson walk and he continued to mash.  They didn't want the same thing to happen with Trumbo (I have no proof of any of this, just my conjecture). The Orioles made a decision based on past results and not probable outcomes.  Not resigning Nelson at his age was good process even if the results weren't positive.  They should have stuck with the process and not chased results, which I believe they did. 

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

No. Rizzo came out an hour ago and said “he believes in this team” Rolls eyes...maybe Rizzo should tell ownership they should pony up the money to bring Dusty back and get this moron out of the dugout. Martinez is awful.

Dusty wasnt that great either, again, IMO

Just now, awannabegeek said:

I'm agreeing with Atomic and even so hedging that.  

You stated exactly what I am saying.  Teams would definitely want him at $2 million.  Hard to trade him, no doubt, and the Orioles would have to eat salary -- just not $11.5 million.  That is all I'm saying.  

Archived