Dan says "tear it completely down"

wildcard

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NattyO's said:

Im actually excited for this rebuild,, i have a question. When Buck leaves who are the top choices to take his spot? Who would you want to take his spot?

It would not shock me if it were an ex player but a younger one like Cal (he prob more interested in ownership though) or Thome or Britton. It’s a good question though. Someone younger I gotta think.

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

It would not shock me if it were an ex player but a younger one like Cal (he prob more interested in ownership though) or Thome or Britton. It’s a good question though. Someone younger I gotta think.

Yea im hoping for someone younger. Thome is interesting.

25 minutes ago, Nite said:

Decided to finally check out the O's tonight post trades. Thought I was in the Major League movie as I muttered "who the hell is that guy" over and over. This process is going to remind me of work. Learning many new names just to never see them again in a month. 

The only way we get a draft pick for Jones is if we offer him a QO and he turns it down.  We won't be offering him one, as it would be bad if he accepted it.  Because he refused the trade to Philly, he's gone at the end of the season and the Orioles will get nothing in return.

I found it interesting to see DD saying there will be some guys auditioning for full time jobs down the line right after talking about Jones. Indicates a Mullins call up to me and that Jones will most likely be moved to a corner. Seems like that would be Bucks call tho.

I really hope they call up Mullins and put Jones in right for the rest of the year. I sometimes get the impression that Jones wants to be treated as an icon, like Ripken or Robinson. But at the end of the day, he's a career 33 WAR player with declining skills who, IMO, never fully tapped into his potential. He's been great for the community but I don't think he's earned all the deference. 

4 minutes ago, crawjo said:

I really hope they call up Mullins and put Jones in right for the rest of the year. I sometimes get the impression that Jones wants to be treated as an icon, like Ripken or Robinson. But at the end of the day, he's a career 33 WAR player with declining skills who, IMO, never fully tapped into his potential. He's been great for the community but I don't think he's earned all the deference. 

Jones should be moved to LF not RF if he continues to play defense at all. He no longer has the arm for RF.

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Jones should be moved to LF not RF if he continues to play defense at all. He no longer has the arm for RF.

He still has the arm for RF, but it would be an average-fringe average arm in RF. But yes, the dropoff in his arm has been significant from the eye test alone.

11 minutes ago, crawjo said:

Want to be treated like an icon? Hit better than .155 with a .413 OPS in the playoffs.

Archived