Rest of the Season

Bahama O's Fan

What do you want to see (if you watch the games)? Do you want to just finish the year out with guys like Peterson, Rickard, etc... or would you like to see some other young guys given a chance? Would you like to bring them up early and see what they have or leave them down to keep their service time lower?

10 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What do you want to see (if you watch the games)? Do you want to just finish the year out with guys like Peterson, Rickard, etc... or would you like to see some other young guys given a chance? Would you like to bring them up early and see what they have or leave them down to keep their service time lower?

Yes the youth movement. Jace Peterson -28. Danny Valencia - 33, Chris Davis -32, Mark Trumbo - 32, Caleb Joseph - 32, Joey Rickard - 27, Adam Jones- 33 and Tim Beckham -28. Need Craig Gentry to help the youth movement. 34 years old. Hopefully the Orioles get younger starting next year because now they are mostly old and crummy and play horrible defense. Gausman,Schoop  and Manny are all younger then any of these guys.

I thought this quote from Brad Ziegler about playing on a bad team was interesting. Good article .

"In Baltimore, there’s a lot of veterans and … it’s easy to let every day be mundane,” he said. “When we have a young group like this [in Miami], they come in, a lot of them are just happy to be in the big leagues. … Even the games where we’re not playing well, there’s still an energy level that we have that some of the older clubs I’ve been on didn’t have.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/07/24/count-in-an-mlb-season-of-tremendous-losing-how-do-players-on-bad-teams-keep-their-heads-up/?utm_term=.235114f00783

Having them play the rest of the season is not worth starting the clock early.  They are playing at the level where they can not be far overmatched and can continue to develop their skills.   It is a good time to run a lot of the AAA and AAAA players thu the big league to give them a taste, maybe uncover some inexpensive surprises to be used for a few years and to showcase them, so they might add some value to trades.

Hopefully Wilkerson will be back soon. Valera was called up yesterday amongst all the trades. Mullins will be up soon and DD says we will see Stewart. That’s 4 younger players plus I assume Sisco will be back in September. 

Pitchinb side, Carroll is up. DD said Phillips is a MLB pitcher.  Hess is replacing Gausman for now. I’m sure some other arms will be brought up. 

Archived