Who will be promoted?

Ohfan67

6 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

Hess is taking Guasman’s next start, so a reliever comes up maybe?

I must admit I am a little disappointed with this. Was hoping to see Means or somebody else. Also, wasn't Hess pitching 1-2 innings out of the bullpen? I wonder if they are going to do some Tampa style thing.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I must admit I am a little disappointed with this. Was hoping to see Means or somebody else. Also, wasn't Hess pitching 1-2 innings out of the bullpen? I wonder if they are going to do some Tampa style thing.

Hess has only pitched one inning the last 13 days.  He will probably be on a low pitch count.  My guess is he’s throwing 3 or 4 innings with Mike Wright coming in for a couple.  I thought they might call up Means to throw a few innings on short rest behind Hess.

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Don't the O's still need a 5th starter, or is it Ramirez?

Ramirez is kind of the 4th starter now (only in that I think his rotation spot is much more solid than that of Hess.) Hess took Gausman’s spot, but with how he has looked, that has to be pretty tenuous. I’d like to see Means get a shot next time Hess’ turn comes up in the rotation.

The limiting factor on who will be recalled is who can be fit on the 40 man roster.

Those likely to be recalled who are on the 40 man roster:

(6) Meisinger (if healthy), Yacabonis, Sisco, Valera, Wilkerson (from the DL),  Hays ( if he has a good August) 

Those that will come off the 40 man roster in early September:

Marinez when he comes off the DL.  At 29 he is not part of the future.

Susac on the minor league DL.  He can be DFA'd after the Tides season is over

Gentry can be DFA'd when healthy.

Hart.  Out of options next year.  I would not be surprised for him to be  placed on waivers near the end of August or early in Sept.   With lefties Fry, Scott and Luis Gonzalez all having options next year Hart does not offer the contract flexibility the O's need.

Arraujo could be moved to the 60 day DL.

(Vielma is on the minor league DL.  When healthy - The O's are thin at SS so I don't think he is DFA'd yet) 

So there are 5  possible spots for call up to be added to the 40 man roster

Mullins, Means, Luis  Gonzalez, Kline (one of Stewart, Tate, Rogers or Ortiz)  All have to be add to the 40 man roster over the winter or be exposed to the Rule 5 draft.

On 8/2/2018 at 12:43 PM, webbrick2010 said:

DD said that Mullins deserves a promotion and he will be auditioning for the CF job (2019 presumably).

I wonder if Buck can bring himself to fill out a lineup with AJ at COF slot or perhaps not playing for many of the remaining games.

I heard AJ saying that we should call Mullins up and that AJ would slide over to RF. I think we will see that happen soon. 

I wonder if Norfolk being in a playoff chase will factor in. Why call up guys to sit on the bench when they could be getting innings/ABs in AAA?  

Archived