Orioles IFA Signings Thread

ISU94

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

Don't these guys seem to be the standard Oriole signings and nothing indicative of some new international push? I'm having a hard time finding data from previous years, but the Orioles do fill out a DR roster, etc., every year, and these guys seem to be similar "prospects"?

We always have an eye out for the next "Itchy".

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Orioles’ PR strategy is: announce you’ll be signing six guys, then leak out rumors that a guy has signed or about to sign, maybe tweet some pictures of the guy, then send a tweet three weeks later announcing the signing of a specific guy, then repeat that process for the other five guys.   Makes it seem like they were really active and signed 20 guys, when in fact it’s just the original six guys.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think the Orioles’ PR strategy is: announce you’ll be signing six guys, then leak out rumors that a guy has signed or about to sign, maybe tweet some pictures of the guy, then send a tweet three weeks later announcing the signing of a specific guy, then repeat that process for the other five guys.   Makes it seem like they were really active and signed 20 guys, when in fact it’s just the original six guys.

Can we just get a running list on a thread like we get for the draft or top 30 lists?  

15 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

The first post in this thread has every player the Orioles have signed to this point.

I don't understand the constant re-reporting....but it does seem that the Orioles have a very loose definition of the words "more active".  

Just because sources have indicated that the O's had a deal in place doesn't make those deals officials.  The source for many of those deals were probably agents or buscones anxious to have something to brag about for the next batch of 14 year olds that they're moving on.  Most franchises only officially announce deals once they are signed, sealed and delivered.  That's what I believe may be happening here.

Archived