John Andreoli Claimed from and by Seattle

weams

o

This will be Andreoli's career debut for the Orioles.

He did play in 3 games for the Mariners earlier this season.

BALTIMORE O RIOLES )))))))) (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/21)

Boyce Cedric Mullins - CF

Jonathan Villar - 2B

Trey Mancini - DH

Adam Jones - RF

Chris Davis - 1B 

Renato Nunez - 3B

Tim Beckham - SS

JOHFRANCIS ANDREOLI - LF

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

Dylan Matthew Bundy - RHP )) (7-11, 4.99 ERA)

OPPOSINPITCHER

Samuel Joseph Gaviglio - RHP )) (2-6, 5.13 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

2019 should start with Mancini, Mullins, Stewart...

DJ Stewart may be my biggest disappointment in the minors this season, along with Cody Sedlock.  And, in general, on the development side, I'm encouraged by the growth in many prospects this year.

9 hours ago, NCRaven said:

DJ Stewart may be my biggest disappointment in the minors this season, along with Cody Sedlock.  And, in general, on the development side, I'm encouraged by the growth in many prospects this year.

Stewart has a .712 OPS in Norfolk. That’s not terrible for there. 

Andreoli looked like he had a good approach tonight. 

On 8/22/2018 at 1:55 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Stewart has a .712 OPS in Norfolk. That’s not terrible for there.

There's not a whole lot of translation between Norfolk and the Majors, so from this year's performance you could suppose Stewart might OPS nearly .700 in Baltimore.  Probably not what you're looking for from a DH/LFer.  Although that's basically the last 900 PAs of Mark Trumbo, and he'd come at 1/20th the cost...

Since we're not competing for anything, why not make the team more fun and utilize speed more?  Start an OF of Mullins, Gentry, and Andreoli.  Villar might already be the top stealing threat in the league.  Encourage Beckham to use his speed.  KC beat us in the playoffs a few years ago with speed and a bullpen.  We won't win like they did, but we'd at least be more entertaining than we have been all season. 

Edit:  Wilkerson's another speed guy I'd add to the lineup.  He's not a big base-stealer, but he can be part of double steals and get the aggressive extra base.    

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:45 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Injury?  It’s a long season. I doubt he just all of a sudden turned into Chris Davis. 

He isn't any good and was a wasted first round pick who has zero tools that translate to a ML starter level player ???

2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

He isn't any good and was a wasted first round pick who has zero tools that translate to a ML starter level player ???

Picks don't always pan out. In that sense, he wasn't a waste pick. He flashed his tools last year as a high OBP, 20 ish HR, 270 hitter who is athletic enough to be an average fielder and swipe some bags. He was somewhat of a need based pick. I think he might become a fringe everyday guy, but likely stuck as a platoon/bench guy.

Andreoli was robbed of two hits last night on solid drives to the OF with Pillar making that back to the plate running catch where he crashed into the CF fence and managed to hold on to the ball. There was another one where the OF made a lunging running catch to rob him.  Hopefully a few will start falling in for him. He has good speed and fields his position well..

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/29)

Andreoli's speed was a big factor in the Orioles reclaiming the lead in this game.

With one out and nobody on base, he motored out an infield single.

Then he stole 2nd base, to get himself into scoring position.

Then he scored easily, on Robert Austin Wynn's long single.

The 1973 Orioles - AL Leaders in Stolen Bases

Image result for 1973 Orioles

o

Archived