John Andreoli Claimed from and by Seattle

weams

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, wildcard said:

This is an interesting post.  I would like to hear more on why you picked some of these to be released when the team is rebuilding.

Phillips - 24 years old and had a good year in the relieve at AAA.  .228 ERA, .1.03 Whip,  .190 avg,   72k in 51 

Meisinger - 24, did better at AAA than AA,   2.28 ERA, 1.12 Whip,  208 avg,  36K in 27 IP at AAA

Rogers - 24 year old lefty starter.   2.54 ERA in 1.39 IP,  1.29 Whip, .263 avg at AAA.

All three have options.

I am sure you have your reasons for why they can't help the O's in the rebuild and who you would replace them with.   I would like to hear what you are thinking.

Sure, I think if you shake a minor league tree ten of those guys fall out. They are up down guys at best though I hold out some hope that Rogers could possibly become a 5th starter and eat some innings for a bit until the league catches up to his lack of quality stuff.

This team won 47 games last year. There are ton of guys they could drop for better talent. Now I'm not advocating releasing them, just saying if you needed room for better players, those are the guys I would not be concerned about losing. They are depth, up/down guys at best. 

The Orioles should be big players in the six-year minor league free agent market where they could maybe find a hidden gem. But alas, there is no true decision maker so as the Orioles sit and do nothing, those guys will most likely be signing elsewhere unless the player decides to hang around and wait since his chance of playing in the majors with a team like the Orioles is better than elsewhere.

Archived