Orioles hire Doug Witt and Rich Amaral as pro scouts

MurphDogg

On 9/21/2018 at 2:23 PM, MurphDogg said:

Obviously, the interesting thing here is Witt being the uncle of Bobby Witt, Jr. 

Also, nice to see the Orioles actually have scouts!

The interesting thing here is not just Witt, Rich Amaral is a former Oriole and former teammate of...that’s right...Brady Anderson. 

Glad we are increasing scouts, but can't this organization ever let GM hire their own people?

3 hours ago, foxfield said:

The interesting thing here is not just Witt, Rich Amaral is a former Oriole and former teammate of...that’s right...Brady Anderson. 

Glad we are increasing scouts, but can't this organization ever let GM hire their own people?

To be honest, this is standard operating procedure for the O's...we don't know who hired them.  Of course, hiring scouts does not warrant a press conference or press release from the team either.  Maybe they were hired by Dan, maybe Dan will still be the GM, it's the O's so who knows????

You'd think Amaral and Witt wouldn't want to take a job not knowing who their boss is going to be.

Did DD make the hires and assure them that he'll be back?

Did Brady or someone else make the hire, and assure them that they report to him, not DD or whoever ends up in the job if not him?

Smh....let's all hope it's the former, because if it's the latter, it'll just be the more things change, the more they stay the same.

1 minute ago, esmd said:

You'd think Amaral and Witt wouldn't want to take a job not knowing who their boss is going to be.

Did Brady or someone else make the hire, and assure them that they report to him, not DD or whoever ends up in the job if not him?

Smh....let's all hope it's the former, because if it's the latter, it'll just be the more things change, the more they stay the same.

It's a job.

I don't know how in demand they are but if they aren't under contract in September I don't think they are in a position to be choosy.

I came across this old Sun article.

First glance, they knew back in 2011 they had problems, they promised to fix them and get better.

I think they have showed some improvement, which wasn't hard, as bad as they was.

So 7 years later, they claim they are understaff and show signs of adding bodies.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-20111216-story.html

I guess now, we can stop the presses and print 2019 WS tickets?

8 hours ago, foxfield said:

No they can't. 

5 hours ago, Chromehill said:

To be honest, this is standard operating procedure for the O's...we don't know who hired them.  Of course, hiring scouts does not warrant a press conference or press release from the team either.  Maybe they were hired by Dan, maybe Dan will still be the GM, it's the O's so who knows????

I hope it was DD. I do think Brady had his fingers in this too. This organization I just flat screwy. We don't know who is in charge. 

4 hours ago, esmd said:

You are right. 

Archived