Final series of the season. Will you be there?

Legend_Of_Joey

I always go to the last game that's on Sunday this year. I may go on Friday as well. Not sure yet.

The Astros who have clinched in their division are our nemesis. Do we ever beat them? Springer, Altuve, Bregman and Gonzalez seem to own the Orioles.  Most of them have played over 132 games this season and their manager said he was going to rest most of them during the remaining games.  Not sure that's a smart move on his part but may help us win one or two out of this four game series

Last home game for some players and the coaching staff. 

it was interesting watching the players leave the field last night in the win over Boston and the names on the uniforms were Mullins, Stewart, Mancini, Andreoli, Villar, Nunes, Joseph, Wilkerson and Fry. How many were starters at the beginning of the season.  How many will be starters in 2019?  At least five or six which is very good when thinking about our rebuild.  It's still hard to believe this team lost as many games as they did this season.  With the huge drop in payroll they have enough money to add several key players to the roster this off season. At least 3 or 4 pitchers for the pen and rotation. A catcher with some offense like Castillo offered the year before.  New manager and coaching staff !  We can return to being a.500 team sooner than you may think. 

I really want to get out there with the family once more, unfortunately we have something going literally every day so I just don't think we're going be able to make it.

Which makes me sad.  Bad baseball is better than no baseball, though this year of all years certainly put that notion to the test.  I'll be counting down the days to Opening Day 2019 very soon.

If the rain starts early enough tonight’s game will get called off. Ton of rain on the way. 

More important for Houston to get the game in for their starting pitchers- I assume - than the Orioles playing. I’m sure at this point with the state of their pitching they would be happy not have to play. Also not like tonight will be a big gate. 

That said Friday or Saturday may be a 2-1 deal. They certainly won’t play 2 on Sunday  

2 hours ago, section18 said:

I always go to the last game that's on Sunday this year. I may go on Friday as well. Not sure yet.

The Astros who have clinched in their division are our nemesis. Do we ever beat them? Springer, Altuve, Bregman and Gonzalez seem to own the Orioles.  Most of them have played over 132 games this season and their manager said he was going to rest most of them during the remaining games.  Not sure that's a smart move on his part but may help us win one or two out of this four game series

Last home game for some players and the coaching staff. 

it was interesting watching the players leave the field last night in the win over Boston and the names on the uniforms were Mullins, Stewart, Mancini, Andreoli, Villar, Nunes, Joseph, Wilkerson and Fry. How many were starters at the beginning of the season.  How many will be starters in 2019?  At least five or six which is very good when thinking about our rebuild.  It's still hard to believe this team lost as many games as they did this season.  With the huge drop in payroll they have enough money to add several key players to the roster this off season. At least 3 or 4 pitchers for the pen and rotation. A catcher with some offense like Castillo offered the year before.  New manager and coaching staff !  We can return to being a.500 team sooner than you may think. 

Well I hope for a new manager and coaching staff. I'm undecided about DD. Brady has got to go. Too many cooks in the kitchen will spoil the broth. 

I have tickets for tomorrow's game that only cost me $3.00 thanks to the code from voting for the All Star game x number of times.  I'm on the fence, I have no interest at all in watching this team play in person, and I paid so little that I don't care about missing it.  But, if my girlfriend wants to go then I guess I will, and it'll be my last chance to see Adam Jones in an O's uniform.

I was thinking about going to the game on Sunday.  But will the Astros even being playing their regulars? If they are just playing their "b" team it is just watching two minor league teams going at it.  Maybe if stubhub prices are low enough. 

My wife and I have tickets for Saturday and Sunday. We are staying downtown and making a weekend of it.  I am ultra excited that there's a doubleheader on Saturday now. Three games in 2 days!  I am sad about how the season has turned out, and that I may be seeing Adam and Buck with the Os for the last time.

Archived