Ex-Orioles in the postseason

Moose Milligan

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

Manny didn’t say anything about an old incident in the minors.   He just said the he and Aguilar talked on the field and that the two of them “go way back” to the minors. The comments are in the middle of this clip:  

I wasnt going by this, but a reporter who wrote about. I will try and find the source.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

I wasnt going by this, but a reporter who wrote about. I will try and find the source.

https://fox6now.com/2018/10/17/its-a-dirty-play-by-a-dirty-player-straight-talk-from-brewers-yelich-on-machado-incident/

Aguilar, however, said the two talked it out after Machado singled in the 13th. Machado said they go back to their days in the minors.

“Everything that happens on the field stays on the field,” Machado said. “He’s a great guy.”

@Frobby

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, I don’t interpret that as saying they had an incident in the minors, just that they’ve known each other since then.   

Ok, now I see your point.

I read it, like Aguilar was barking at Manny, because this wasn't their first encounter, so i guess I was just reading too much into it.

Well, Steve Pearce is in the World Series.  I don't see anyone coming out of the NL being able to beat Boston.

My only hope is that the NLCS goes 6-7 games and the winner rolls right into the Series primed and ready to go while Boston gets a little stale with the days off.  

As I said before, the silver lining for me is Pearce getting a ring if Boston wins.  Dude is a really, really solid ballplayer and I loved him while he was here.  Having a team full of Steve Pearces would be great.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, Steve Pearce is in the World Series.  I don't see anyone coming out of the NL being able to beat Boston.

My only hope is that the NLCS goes 6-7 games and the winner rolls right into the Series primed and ready to go while Boston gets a little stale with the days off.  

As I said before, the silver lining for me is Pearce getting a ring if Boston wins.  Dude is a really, really solid ballplayer and I loved him while he was here.  Having a team full of Steve Pearces would be great.

I think the Dodgers win tonight.

I see the Red Sox vs Dodgers, being a tight series, 4-3 or 3-4, it will boil down to game 7.

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

How much more valuable a ball player is Steve Pearce compared to Chris Davis?

10 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think the Dodgers win tonight.

I see the Red Sox vs Dodgers, being a tight series, 4-3 or 3-4, it will boil down to game 7.

I think the Red Sox will blow their NL opponent away, just as they did with the Yankees and Astros, both of which are better than any of the NL teams.

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think the Red Sox will blow their NL opponent away, just as they did with the Yankees and Astros, both of which are better than any of the NL teams.

Thirty years ago an AL jauggernault couldn't get past the Dodgers in the WS.  That's the beauty of baseball.

Boston will be favored, for sure, but I have my doubts about their pitching.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

As much as I can't stand them, they are a VERY well-constructed team.   They've got a nice mix of homegrown and acquired talent.   

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

Thirty years ago an AL jauggernault couldn't get past the Dodgers in the WS.  That's the beauty of baseball.

Boston will be favored, for sure, but I have my doubts about their pitching.

The favored team, doesn't always win, thats for sure.

The Orioles have been on both sides of that, for sure.