Duquette is expected to be fired

Thato'sfan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I would be cool with that. We are a few seasons away from contending. Why not? Not sure who else that is very good that will take the job.

And we could be even more seasons away from contending if we bring in an inexperienced GM who doesn't know how to build a team.

The GM role isn't like the manager, where you could stick a warm body for a couple years and replace him when you're ready to win. The GM is the guy who affects the present and future of the whole organization. It's no place to be messing around with a guy who doesn't know what he's doing.

1 minute ago, raypetty said:

What would the thoughts be IF the Angelos brothers brought in Cal Ripken as the new GM and let him pick the new manager?

That would almost be as bad a choice for me as Brady. Cal could be useful in player development and teaching the Oriole way that is long forgotten.

Get someone with front office experience preferably from an organization like the Rays, Astros or Indians.

Three organizations similar to the Orioles that don’t have the unlimited resources of the Dodgers and Yankees.  

8 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

If they are trying to hire anyone worth their salt as their next GM or Team President, one would think that person is going to insist on a change/clarification of title for Brady Anderson.

I can't imagine anyone would accept the job as a new hire with Brady being allowed to float from assignment to assignment to the owners' box as he saw fit.

Brady is probably on the selection committee.

Just now, eddie83 said:

He should be selecting the workout equipment and that is about it. 

I  think he could do some things on the player development side.  He seems to have some ability with that but based on the reports/reading between the lines, it just seems like the guy would be totally out of his depth if he was tasked with a role like Player Development Director.  That is simply to big an organizational job for him. 

Again, based on the reporting, He likes working with guys in small groups but he also likes not having to report to anyone and doing what he wants when he wants.

It just seems like there's no way to integrate him into a properly functioning organization.

Archived