The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Will be good practice for the disappointing 2019 regular season.

And the disappointing 5-10 years to follow.

Actually, the definition of disappointing is "failing to fulfill someone's hopes or expectations."   But I don't have any hopes or expectations.  So therefore, the VVM situation, this offseason and everything to follow is NOT disappointing.  

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

And the disappointing 5-10 years to follow.

Actually, the definition of disappointing is "failing to fulfill someone's hopes or expectations."   But I don't have any hopes or expectations.  So therefore, the VVM situation, this offseason and everything to follow is NOT disappointing.  

I'm not sure your pessimistic enough for that statement to be true.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well I don't expect them to get VVM, hire a good GM, hire a good manager, make any good moves this offseason and win more than 60 games next year.  So....no disappointments here.  

Nice job -- if you really don't expect any of those things. I'll be disappointed when they don't happen.

As I did this year,  I'll probably be using this guy  :bangwall: quite a bit.

I was really expecting something to evolve by today. I was wrong. Looks like it will drag on at least until after the WS, maybe winter meetings. Two ways to look at it, Miami has time to make moves or Os have time to make moves.

-I would be shocked at this point if both Mesas go as a package

-VMjr is probably going to get just as much as Gaston even though a couple months ago it looked like $500k would be plenty

-Gaston may very well just get that $2mm

One thing I find interesting was after the workout, the Marlins had uniforms in lockers with each players name. Only Gaston put his on. The Mesas are playing their hands tight. 

With a grain of salt of course. 

5 hours ago, sevastras said:

I was really expecting something to evolve by today. I was wrong. Looks like it will drag on at least until after the WS, maybe winter meetings. Two ways to look at it, Miami has time to make moves or Os have time to make moves.

-I would be shocked at this point if both Mesas go as a package

-VMjr is probably going to get just as much as Gaston even though a couple months ago it looked like $500k would be plenty

-Gaston may very well just get that $2mm

One thing I find interesting was after the workout, the Marlins had uniforms in lockers with each players name. Only Gaston put his on. The Mesas are playing their hands tight. 

With a grain of salt of course. 

So they flew back to the DR after the workout but now are reported back in Miami?

Archived