Tony-OH

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, wildcard said:

Peter's friend.  Apparently not John and Lou's

10 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

Any idea why he was PA's friend? 

Very good friend...see, very early in PA ownership, he walked by Stockstill in the hallway while muttering to himself something about trading Bobby Bonilla.  Stockstill said out loud, I wouldn't.  And he's been untouchable ever since.  Although to this day, no one in the Angelos family could pick him out of a crowd.

you know that is all made up right?

13 hours ago, atomic said:

I am suprised Stocksill is getting canned.   Thought he was untouchable. 

12 hours ago, wildcard said:

Peter's friend.  Apparently not John and Lou's

I believe it was Dave Stockstill, not John, who had close connections to the Angelos family.    That kept him employed for a long time even though he wasn’t very good at his jobs, but he was let go several years ago.   John Stockstill joined the organization several years after Dave, and had a better reputation.    He was kept on when Dave was let go.   That’s all from memory, but I think Tony-OH will know.

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I believe it was Dave Stockstill, not John, who had close connections to the Angelos family.    That kept him employed for a long time even though he wasn’t very good at his jobs, but he was let go several years ago.   John Stockstill joined the organization several years after Dave, and had a better reputation.    He was kept on when Dave was let go.   That’s all from memory, but I think Tony-OH will know.

I thought both Stockstill's had a connection with Peter.  But I could be wrong.

21 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I thought both Stockstill's had a connection with Peter.  But I could be wrong.

John Stockstill had worked for the Cubs and was hired by Andy MacPhail.

The story I remember about Dave — put it down as rumor, not fact — is that he used his Latin American connections to get someone Peter knew out of trouble (jail?) down there.   And Peter was forever grateful.    I don’t remember where I heard that, but it was probably on this site, a very long time ago.   

Edit - it was from an article Tony wrote back in 2010: “Although the exact story remains a close secret, multiple sources indicate that Stockstill and Bernhardt once got some people close to ownership out of some trouble in the Dominican and have job security due to that fact.”   I can’t find the article, but it’s quoted by PaulFolk on p. 10 of this thread:

So, Roch says that Graham will represent the team at next week's GM meetings and implies that a decision on the top executive (I have no idea what the title will be) won't me made by then.  As I said above, that (Nov 6) was my deadline for getting pissed.  At this point, I expect to be.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

The story I remember about Dave — put it down as rumor, not fact — is that he used his Latin American connections to get someone Peter knew out of trouble (jail?) down there.   And Peter was forever grateful.    I don’t remember where I heard that, but it was probably on this site, a very long time ago.   

Edit - it was from an article Tony wrote back in 2010: “Although the exact story remains a close secret, multiple sources indicate that Stockstill and Bernhardt once got some people close to ownership out of some trouble in the Dominican and have job security due to that fact.”   I can’t find the article, but it’s quoted by PaulFolk on p. 10 of this thread:

You guys have great research skills! 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Maybe why Peter was opposed to signing guys from the Dominican. Perhaps he was the one in trouble. 

14 minutes ago, weams said:

Roch

You also can add director of professional scouting and special projects Patrick Di Gregory and assistant director of minor league and international operations Cale Cox to list of people who won't return to #orioles”

There aren't many people left.  Cut that payroll!!

Archived