Orioles hire Mike Elias as Executive Vice President and GM

ISU94

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So we get the Astros assistant Gm and special assistant GM. Both are into analytics. We had lost our top analytics person to the Astros this offseason. 

Great hire. I don’t care if Brady will still be in whatever role he is in. Let him have it.  For all we know he could’ve made this hire????

Does this mean that he would hire  HOU people to fill out the coaching staff?  

Manager - Trey Hillman (Hou bench coach), or their PC/HC?

Pitching Coach - Craig Bjornson (Hou bullpen coach)

Hitting Coach - Alonzo Powell (HOU asst HItting Coach) 

It would be like how NFL teams lose people after winning the super bowl. We’d get their #2 & #3 Front office people. Then their #2, #4, and #5 of their coaching staff. Or something like that. That would be a coup. Especially if/when Elias brings the player development and scouts  with him. 

Great news. Now we actually have something to talk about on here. 

Hilman is a manager in South Korea.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I dont think the Brewers think they got the better end of their trade.

He has another year (if they tender him a contract). And Schoop is going to be 27 next year. I think he'll turn it around.

That said, I'm talking about the whole of the return from the trade deadline. It was largely an average to a below average return once you factor in salary dumps *and* losing out on Mesa/Gaston/etc.

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

He has another year (if they tender him a contract). And Schoop is going to be 27 next year. I think he'll turn it around.

That said, I'm talking about the whole of the return from the trade deadline. It was largely an average to a below average return once you factor in salary dumps *and* losing out on Mesa/Gaston/etc.

Average to below average is subjective. Only question is whether there was a better deal on the table. Gausman is complicated because money was a major factor.

Archived