Reminder - Elias Presser Today at 11 am

TonySoprano

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a big day in Orioles baseball history.  I like the transparency of ownership and would like to see more of it.  That said, if ownership is truly going to let Elias be “the guy”, then we don’t really need to hear from ownership.  Elias was very confident and basically said, “having autonomy was the only way I was taking the job”.  I like John Angelos.  Sons don’t have to be like fathers.  I live in Indy right now and although Jim Irsay is a freak, he supports his football team (financially, in the community, etc.). He is not Bob Irsay in any way.

3 minutes ago, Palmoripken said:

I was on the phone when he was asked about apparently but it seems he skirted around it. Maybe because he's still under contract by Houston and not legally able to talk about pursuing him. 

Thanks ,but his contract expired October 31.Maybe still working on a contract or maybe checking all his offers 

4 minutes ago, WarehouseChatter said:

This is a big day in Orioles baseball history.  I like the transparency of ownership and would like to see more of it.  That said, if ownership is truly going to let Elias be “the guy”, then we don’t really need to hear from ownership.  Elias was very confident and basically said, “having autonomy was the only way I was taking the job”.  I like John Angelos.  Sons don’t have to be like fathers.  I live in Indy right now and although Jim Irsay is a freak, he supports his football team (financially, in the community, etc.). He is not Bob Irsay in any way.

It's only a big day in Orioles history if Elias can deliver.  

6 minutes ago, WarehouseChatter said:

It sounded to me like they introduced him to Brady on Friday. 

Very impressed with Elias. My personal reading of the tea leaves: I think the MASN issue will finally be settled. I think Elias has total control. If Sig isn't the hire it will still be someone very good. The Scouting and Player Development staffs are getting expanded. And the Owners will not be involved in Baseball decisions.

I'm sure Tony will comment. Interested to see his take.

Archived