Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

4 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

It is going to be intersting what they plan to do.  They have two serviceable major league catchers right now and they have a guy many people will be ready by the start of 2021.  Do they decide to go with one or the other and move the other at some point next year?

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Let's see if this is just more than a "hot month" for Sisco and a "career year" for Severino first before calling them "serviceable" and having to decide their fate.

I am fine with a platoon for now, although Sisco hasn't hit poorly against lefties the last two minor league seasons.

I am definitely more of a believer in Sisco than I am in Severino.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I wouldn’t have said it, but it’s fair.

It was a clean shot, but I'm standing by my point: Sisco has been up a little under a month and has done well in limited time. If he sustains his new found abilities, fine. Remember, Nunez has looked brilliant too for a while, then looked like Davis. 

Severino is getting consistent time and making the best of it. Could this be a breakout year for him? Yeah. Could it be a career year and next season, he goes back to hitting like "Washington Nationals Pedro Severino?" Yep.

I just want to see consistency. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some "#Zoellner4AllStar" stickers to finish printing for @Can_of_corn

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It was a clean shot, but I'm standing by my point: Sisco has been up a little under a month and has done well in limited time. If he sustains his new found abilities, fine. Remember, Nunez has looked brilliant too for a while, then looked like Davis. 

Severino is getting consistent time and making the best of it. Could this be a breakout year for him? Yeah. Could it be a career year and next season, he goes back to hitting like "Washington Nationals Pedro Severino?" Yep.

I just want to see consistency. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some "#Zoellner4AllStar" stickers to finish printing for @Can_of_corn

Sisco has the MiL track record to back up his performance to date.   What I’ve liked this year is that he’s driving the ball a lot more.    I agree we need to see more, but I’ve always expected him to be an above average hitter for a catcher.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Sisco has the MiL track record to back up his performance to date.   What I’ve liked this year is that he’s driving the ball a lot more.    I agree we need to see more, but I’ve always expected him to be an above average hitter for a catcher.  

He definitely added more power. Whether from the weight room or the swing change he made, it helped him out.