Tulo?

interloper

20 minutes ago, Orioles West said:

I watched Tulo from his first call-up here in Colorado.

Even if he is 100 percent healthy and ready to play 150 games, I wouldn't want him on this O's roster.

Loves the game, plays hard, plus defender when healthy, but he isn't great in the locker room. The Rox don't miss his tirades when the team lost -- every single time. Not a big team chemistry guy, runs other players down, etc. 

A healthy Tulo is the last piece on a team pushing for playoffs, he would be miserable to be around for a young, rebuilding roster.

I wasn't aware of this.  Thanks.  Maybe that played into his release by Toronto, as well.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Orioles West said:

I watched Tulo from his first call-up here in Colorado.

Even if he is 100 percent healthy and ready to play 150 games, I wouldn't want him on this O's roster.

Loves the game, plays hard, plus defender when healthy, but he isn't great in the locker room. The Rox don't miss his tirades when the team lost -- every single time. Not a big team chemistry guy, runs other players down, etc. 

A healthy Tulo is the last piece on a team pushing for playoffs, he would be miserable to be around for a young, rebuilding roster.

This is very similar to the reason why the Blue Jays released him outright instead of even trying to trade him.  From what I hear from Toronto, he wanted to be named the starting SS.  The Blue Jays did not want to do that since they have nice some nice infield prospects.  They were willing to just eat $30+ and released him.

37 minutes ago, Rustbelt said:

This is very similar to the reason why the Blue Jays released him outright instead of even trying to trade him.  From what I hear from Toronto, he wanted to be named the starting SS.  The Blue Jays did not want to do that since they have nice some nice infield prospects.  They were willing to just eat $30+ and released him.

It doesn't surprise me the same complaints about Tulo popped up in Toronto. It is extremely telling -- to pay someone 38 million dollars to NOT play for you.

4 hours ago, weams said:

If he could still play, he'd be in Toronto. Or trade to someone who could use him with Toronto eating big fund. Really. It would be like Signing Chris Davis after we release him. Only a hurt Chris Davis. 

While the “change of scenery” narrative is overdone, it doesn’t exist entirely without merit. Especially in football, you see guys outperform the player they actually are in short bursts after a sudden change, some speculate it’s related to an unsustainable/ephemeral chemical high that allows for greater clarity and calmness as the euphoria of opportunity overcomes the mind — if you’re able to capture that, for a few months, you can turn it into something at the deadline. You see Brock shred the Bears, you see average players in baseball have unexpectedly profound impacts after being traded but then fail to recapture that level of play. I believe a talent like Tulo is one you take on in this situation. Jmho.

14 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

While the “change of scenery” narrative is overdone, it doesn’t exist entirely without merit. Especially in football, you see guys outperform the player they actually are in short bursts after a sudden change, some speculate it’s related to an unsustainable/ephemeral chemical high that allows for greater clarity and calmness as the euphoria of opportunity overcomes the mind — if you’re able to capture that, for a few months, you can turn it into something at the deadline. You see Brock shred the Bears, you see average players in baseball have unexpectedly profound impacts after being traded but then fail to recapture that level of play. I believe a talent like Tulo is one you take on in this situation. Jmho.

Like Tim Beckham

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

???

Honestly, it makes me ill to think about it, and it’s probably going to happen if the Yankees want it to.

Should have gave Manny Davis's money and kept him here.

Thats a bigger diappointment to me, then any of the draft picks the team did that didnt pan out.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

???

Honestly, it makes me ill to think about it, and it’s probably going to happen if the Yankees want it to.

If he wants the money he'll go to Philly. If he wants to be a Yankee he'll take less money and years and go there.

Hmm, I get the fact that he's not a great fit.  But if we can sign him cheap and he bounces back, you can get a nice return for him at the deadline.  We should sign some veterans with the idea of flipping them for prospects at mid-year.

Just now, connja said:

Hmm, I get the fact that he's not a great fit.  But if we can sign him cheap and he bounces back, you can get a nice return for him at the deadline.  We should sign some veterans with the idea of flipping them for prospects at mid-year.

I disagree.  I don't think it is worth the risk for the type of marginal gain they would likely receive. 

Archived