Fanfest 2019 update.

Going Underground

25 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd personally love it if people weren't so worried about catering to millennials.  It's a bit ironic that the older generations are so interested in a generation that's pretty much disinterested in anything but their smart phones instagram/twitter and their precious feewings.  

Whew, I'm 35 so I get where you're coming from, but this is an out-of-touch and mean-spirited way to portray a whole swath of people. Many of whom are genuinely bright, socially responsible, and good folks when you get to know them. It's easy to prejudge them all as the cell phone generation. Meanwhile, the boomers are busy spreading fake news on facebook like it's their job. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd personally love it if people weren't so worried about catering to millennials.  It's a bit ironic that the older generations are so interested in a generation that's pretty much disinterested in anything but their smart phones instagram/twitter and their precious feewings.  

I really wasn't thinking of specifically "millennials" or seniors or any genre.  Make it a more fun experience for all.  But go ahead and drive your agendas ?.  Lighten up bro and "Eliasize"!  ?

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ah, I don’t believe in trying to characterize an entire generation of people.   A few months ago, a guy I know blamed all of America’s problems on the generation born in the period 1945-57.    Conveniently, he was born in 1959, so I guess he’s excused, though I’m not.    

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I love this idea. Even better if we hire an organist. Josh Kantor, the Red Sox' organist, can play just about any song (no matter how obscure) by ear.  

The A's are doing this again. They draw so well ?

A;s Access

• All memberships include entry to every regular season home game
  • Reserved seats included
  • Free seat upgrades included with your digital pass
  • Half-price concessions at every game, like $3 hot dogs and $4 beer
  • Concessions and parking discounts are available to your share partners
  • 25% merchandise discount in team shops
  • Subscription option: monthly payment plan with auto-renew
  • Free MLB.TV subscription for the 2019 season, which includes access to the premium features of At Bat*.  
  • 15% off purchases at athletics.com/shop**.   

https://www.mlb.com/athletics/tickets/season-tickets 

Look at all these promotions they have and draw no fans.

https://www.mlb.com/athletics/tickets/specials.

Meanwhile when I try to get into my Oriole account .it says "Log in Coming Soon".  Can't make this crap up.  Maybe waiting for Santa.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/account-manager

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And what are you, Generation X?   Honestly, I don’t even know where these things supposedly begin and end.   

Here's a handy guide:

Generation Name Births
Start
Births
End
Youngest
Age Today*
Oldest Age
Today*
The Lost Generation
The Generation of 1914
1890 1915 103 128
The Interbellum Generation 1901 1913 105 117
The Greatest Generation 1910 1924 94 108
The Silent Generation 1925 1945 73 93
Baby Boomer Generation 1946 1964 54 72
Generation X (Baby Bust) 1965 1979 39 53
Xennials 1975 1985 33 43
Millennials
Generation Y, Gen Next
1980 1994 24 38
iGen / Gen Z 1995 2012 6 23
Gen Alpha 2013 2025 1 5

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

(insert old man yelling at clouds GIF) ;)

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

The A's are doing this again. They draw so well ?

• All memberships include entry to every regular season home game
  • Reserved seats included
  • Free seat upgrades included with your digital pass
  • Half-price concessions at every game, like $3 hot dogs and $4 beer
  • Concessions and parking discounts are available to your share partners
  • 25% merchandise discount in team shops
  • Subscription option: monthly payment plan with auto-renew
  • Free MLB.TV subscription for the 2019 season, which includes access to the premium features of At Bat*.  
  • 15% off purchases at athletics.com/shop**.   

If the O's included a season-ticket package with in-market streaming of games via MLB.tv, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, theocean said:

As a millennial, season-tickets don't make any sense to me. You agree to pre-buy tickets to games you aren't sure you will be able to attend in a stadium where you can walk up to the ticket counter on any given day and buy tickets in any section. Sure, you get a small discount on the tickets - but if you can't make one game and the ticket goes to waste, that discount starts to become irrelevant.

Adding more value to a Camden Yards "membership" sounds more interesting. But, season ticket plans in and of themselves sounds like all the other dumb things my parents waste money on: cable subscriptions, time-shares, land lines, dinner at Applebees.

Agreed I’m a millennial, why buy season tickets when I can wake up the morning of a game and think, hey I want to go tonight, let me check stub hub and oh look 20 dollar tickets behind home plate 

3 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

Agreed I’m a millennial, why buy season tickets when I can wake up the morning of a game and think, hey I want to go tonight, let me check stub hub and oh look 20 dollar tickets behind home plate 

Yep, season tickets are only a reasonable decision when there is a shortage of the product.

Archived