Adam Jones to Queens?

weams

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jerios55 said:

I would imagine that he wouldn't DH for the Mets much, if at all.

o

If the Mets do sign him, I suspect that Jones will DH in at least 9 or 10 out of the 20 interleague games that the Mets will be playing in 2019.

o

10 hours ago, rudyrooster said:

I kinda fear that unless AJ is willing to take a drastic pay-cut, he may find himself on the "outside looking in" when spring training arrives.

I said months ago, that IO thought AJ would have to take a cheap deal or retire out, and was told by several posters, that I was wrong, and that AJ would get a multi year deal.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I said months ago, that IO thought AJ would have to take a cheap deal or retire out, and was told by several posters, that I was wrong, and that AJ would get a multi year deal.

And you are still wrong.  

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Seconded. It's only December. There's still plenty of time for Jones to land somewhere. If McCutchen can get a 3 year / $50 million dollar deal then the projections @atomic and I have for Jones are completely realistic. 

What are you projecting?  MLBTradeRumors and Fangraphs’ Kiley McDaniel had him in the 1/$8 mm range; Fangraphs crowdsource said 2/$20 mm.   Before the offseason, I thought he’d get two years but might be a bit below the $10 mm/yr range.   But salaries have been pretty healthy this winter, so I may be wrong about that.

As to McCutchen, he’s a year younger than Jones, is coming off a better season (2.7 rWAR to 0.2) and has had the better career (42.0 rWAR to 32.4).   McCutchen’s contract is about 10-20% higher than MLBTradeRumors (3/$45) or Fangraphs’ crowdsource (3/$42) predicted.    Those sources had Jones a lot lower, so I don’t expect Jones to get a comparable deal, though he may get a bit more than expected.   

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What are you projecting?  MLBTradeRumors and Fangraphs’ Kiley McDaniel had him in the 1/$8 mm range; Fangraphs crowdsource said 2/$20 mm.   Before the offseason, I thought he’d get two years but might be a bit below the $10 mm/yr range.   But salaries have been pretty healthy this winter, so I may be wrong about that.

As to McCutchen, he’s a year younger than Jones, is coming off a better season (2.7 rWAR to 0.2) and has had the better career (42.0 rWAR to 32.4).   McCutchen’s contract is about 10-20% higher than MLBTradeRumors (3/$45) or Fangraphs’ crowdsource (3/$42) predicted.    Those sources had Jones a lot lower, so I don’t expect Jones to get a comparable deal, though he may get a bit more than expected.   

I think Adam will end up with a 2 year deal in the $14M range. Or worst case scenario  1/$7M. He's certainly not going to hope for  a spring training invitation. His bat wil play fine for a corner OF slot for at least a few more years. 

53 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think Adam will end up with a 2 year deal in the $14M range. Or worst case scenario  1/$7M. He's certainly not going to hope for  a spring training invitation. His bat wil play fine for a corner OF slot for at least a few more years. 

I agree with everything you’ve said here.   

Archived