Koby Perez named Director of Int'l Scouting

interloper

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the fact we have someone, it sure is nice that the Orioles are re-affirming their commitment to being "elevating our capabilities in this critical market," "improving our footing in Latin America," and being "leaders in recruiting and developing international players."

He isn't hiding or soft playing this commitment, as some feared after our Rule V trade. 

Elias' quotes have been nice and aggressive. Not messing around - he wants to be the best. Hopefully the ownership group lets him. 

This is a nice chunky hire. I don't think the O's have had someone with this significant a title in this particular role. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Elias' quotes have been nice and aggressive. Not messing around - he wants to be the best. Hopefully the ownership group lets him. 

This is a nice chunky hire. I don't think the O's have had someone with this significant a title in this particular role. 

Scary, but the organization is really looking like they are making some pretty good hires.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Just the doom and gloomers.

Most of us, are trying to give Elias time and allow him to build his organization to support him.

I know, but we can't simply ignore the O's history here. All of the words in the world won't convince many that these guys are for real until it actually happens. Still, very nice words, IMO.

Just now, LookinUp said:

I know, but we can't simply ignore the O's history here. All of the words in the world won't convince many that these guys are for real until it actually happens. Still, very nice words, IMO.

I agree, but, we cant assume the future based on the past either. Different people in charge, even from an ownership point of view.

Just now, LookinUp said:

And a nice hire too, seemingly. Only 40 years old. It's nice to have someone at the helm who isn't just a guy Dan Duquette knows from back in the day. This is a prominent position, Senior Director. It's a flashy tweet from the official account with a flashy quote. He'll be part of the real deal braintrust. 

2 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Too bad that the former ownership involvement prevents those looking to plant the first WS flag on the Moon

1 minute ago, interloper said:

And a nice hire too, seemingly. Only 40 years old. It's nice to have someone at the helm who isn't just a guy Dan Duquette knows from back in the day. This is a prominent position, Senior Director. It's a flashy tweet from the official account with a flashy quote. He'll be part of the real deal braintrust. 

My take on DD, he did as well as he could, with his hands tied, we had a good 5 year run.

Hard to imagine what he could have done with more control.

31 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Just the doom and gloomers.

Most of us, are trying to give Elias time and allow him to build his organization to support him.

That's what we need. That's what Elias needs is support. Elias needs time to build up the organization. I will give him time. 

So I guess “Senior Director, International Scouting” was considered enough of a promotion over “Director, Latin American Scouting” that we were able to hire Perez away from the Indians.     The more I look back on it, the O’s really broke baseball protocol by not allowing Duquette to take the President job in Toronto.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

So I guess “Senior Director, International Scouting” was considered enough of a promotion over “Director, Latin American Scouting” that we were able to hire Perez away from the Indians.     The more I look back on it, the O’s really broke baseball protocol by not allowing Duquette to take the President job in Toronto.   

Peter was first most, a lawyer and more concerned with his contract for DD and his services, to call about baseball etiquette. :)

Archived