What to expect, a thread about things the Astros did differently.

Luke-OH

9 minutes ago, murph said:

Is that jazz playing in the background?  Have they also done analytics on the best music for hitters to listen to as the train?  I am only half joking.    Like playing classical music to a baby!   

It's always George Clinton. Always. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

I'm not sure how widespread it is in MLB, but the Astros use it at all levels with all their players, prospect or not. The guy who tweeted that is a 39th round pick, complete non-prospect. 

I was wondering who he was.

1 hour ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I keep saying that the robotic Kershaw (or whoever the pitcher you are facing that day/inning) is coming!

Maybe that’s the next phase.   Create an android who looks exactly like Dylan Bundy, but throws every pitch exactly where he wants to.    And don’t tell anyone that the real Dylan Bundy is living in Fiji.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Maybe that’s the next phase.   Create an android who looks exactly like Dylan Bundy, but throws every pitch exactly where he wants to.    And don’t tell anyone that the real Dylan Bundy is living in Fiji.   

They could make a Markakis one just for interviews.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They could make a Markakis one just for interviews.

Think anyone would notice?    

Announcer:  “Tell us about that crucial homer in the fifth.”

Android Nick: “Verily, the pitch I spied didst hang, thus I struck it mightily and deposited it over yonder fence.”

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

To me the takeaway is that the Astros started ahead of the game on this and the Orioles will be competing with most of the league for these players as other teams are trying to replicate what the Astros did.

While this is much better than say concentrating on ground ball pitchers I wouldn't expect the level of success the Astros had.

I hope Elias finds another margin to exploit.

Archived