Media and Sig Read This (Warning, it's about Chris Davis)

weams

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • weams changed the title to Media and Sig Read This (Warning, it's about Chris Davis)
6 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Obviously I meant without paying him the rest of his contract. I'm aware nobody forced them, but most jobs don't guarantee pay when you don't perform. 

It is what it is.

From the Uniform Player's Contract:

Termination/by Club/ 7.(b)

(2). fail, in the opinion of the Club's management, to exhibit sufficient skill or competitive ability to qualify or continue as a member of the Club's team; or

(3). fail, refuse of neglect to render his services hereunder or in any other manner materially breach this contract.

Wish and you shall receive, but good luck with making that stick.  It goes without saying that a lawsuit between billionaire owners of both a sports team and a law firm and a sports celebrity worth nine figures with a union by his side would be considerably more entertaining than 2019 Orioles baseball.

8 hours ago, atomic said:

These Chris Davis threads are getting old.  The team signed him to the contract and a lot of you guys were all for it.  He is what he is.  Maybe we can have a ban on Chris Davis posts until spring training starts.  

I was not for it.

Of course, even the people that weren't for it wouldn't have predicted that he'd be the worst regular in major league history by the 3rd season into it.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/01/davis-changes-up-winter-workouts.html

“I understand that Mike’s got a lot on his plate right now going into spring training with a new organization and with a lot of work ahead of him and I trust that we will at some point sit down before the season starts and talk about his hopes and aspirations and where I fit into this whole thing and try to get on the same page before we kick the season off."

Archived