You're next

weams

Just now, Yardball85 said:

Exactly.  Owners are finally being smart and not throwing tens of millions of dollars at older players.  Owners are trying to avoid a Pujols or Fielder situation.  This has been a long time coming and makes tons of sense.

But Jake is unhappy. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, weams said:

Well run teams compete in all leagues. Hockey an MLB are not even close to comparable endeavors. 

Hockey is more exciting?  Capitals attendance last year was almost as much as the Orioles attendance per game.  I am not sure why you are aren't saying they aren't similar.  Capitals have two minor league teams  ECHL and AHL.  

12 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I wasn't suggesting pairing caps/floors with guaranteed contracts.  You can have both, the NBA does.

Of course caps favor owners, but floors help the players. And it's better for the sport, imo.  How many teams are legitimately trying to win next season?  15? Maybe.

Where do you see a responsible floor landing? 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

You may be right... I may be crazy but it might just be a lunatic your looking for. 

If they put 81 big concerts in Camden Yards a year I wouldn't complain.  I am not sure there are that many acts that could draw 20k+ fans.  The only time I went to the Nationals stadium was to see Paul McCartney.  It was enjoyable.  

I've seen The Dead/Bob Dylan/Tom Petty and also Pink Floyd at RFK. Both were VERY enjoyable. But I'd still be jonesing for some baseball.

Just now, atomic said:

Hockey is more exciting?  Capitals attendance last year was almost as much as the Orioles attendance per game.  I am not sure why you are aren't saying they aren't similar.  Capitals have two minor league teams  ECHL and AHL.  

Enjoy your hockey. 

7 minutes ago, weams said:

Enjoy your hockey. 

I used to go to Cap games all the time.  Even went to 5 to 10 games a year at Hershey.  With a child it is just too far to drive to go to a game. I would say hockey is the most exciting sport to see in person.  

Just now, atomic said:

I used to go to Cap games all the time.  Even went to 5 to 10 games a year at Hershey.  With a child it is just too far to drive to go to a game. I would say hockey is the most exciting sport to see in person.  

I've enjoyed all the free games that I have been treated to over the years in Hershey. 

8 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Jake is always unhappy. Sad Jake.

I think Jake should be happy.  When he was making the small bucks he wasn't even earning them. He only performed well the last 5 seasons and he is going to make over 100 million dollars in his career.  

21 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I wasn't suggesting pairing caps/floors with guaranteed contracts.  You can have both, the NBA does.

Of course caps favor owners, but floors help the players. And it's better for the sport, imo.  How many teams are legitimately trying to win next season?  15? Maybe.

Floors help the lowest paid players. But it's the highest paid players that run the union. It's not (I think) that they don't want a floor, they just don't care about a floor. It's like ZZ Top said, "You can have yours just gimmee mine".

Archived