Ramon Hernandez to the Yankees?

My O's Face

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kei Igawa and a low level prospect would be alright. Maybe Igawa will have a Kazuo Matsui-like breakout after leaving NYC.

Im almost positive we had interest in Igawa a while back. I certainly wouldnt mind having him around. He couldnt be any worse then our back end starters now. Even if he sucks maybe he helps us bring in other pacific rim players. If we got him and Hu it would do big things for us as far as the Asian market. Igawa and Britton would be a solid deal. Not sure it would happen.I was upset when we traded Britton anyway and he could def help out our pen right away. I love to pay alot of salary and get Andrew Brackman. Kid has top notch talent but keeps getting hurt. Damon Sublett 2B would be nice as well another lower MFY prospect i like is David Robertson RHP. Kid has sick numbers. Any of those guys esp. Brackman and i would be very very happy.

I know it is fashionable to dump on Ramon, but at least his offense has come around the last two months. Since May 27, he has hit .277/.337/.473. On the year, his OPS finally cracked .700 yesterday for the first time since April 5. Among 30 catchers with 200+ plate appearances, Ramon's OPS now ranks 20th, and there are plenty of guys who are only a little bit ahead of him. The way Ramon has been hitting, I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish with a .750 OPS that would have him in the top half of all catchers, offensively.

I'd be the first to agree that Ramon's defense has deteriorated tremendously the last two years, but I still think he has more value than many realize. People want to paint him as equivalent to Javy Lopez two years ago, but he is nowehere near that poor. We should be able to pick up a decent piece form a team that really needs a catcher down the stretch (Yankees).

Nice info, Frobby. Ramon gets a raw deal here - compared recently to last year's Jason Kendall by one poster. Unbelievable.

I heard on WNST that there are some rumors of a Hernandez - Hughes swap. Is there any way we get Hughes in return - I know he has been Horrible in the Big leagues but are the Yankees that desperate???

Not even the Yankees are that short sighted.

I heard on WNST that there are some rumors of a Hernandez - Hughes swap. Is there any way we get Hughes in return - I know he has been Horrible in the Big leagues but are the Yankees that desperate???

Umm...if we were able to get Hughes for Hernandez, I think a life-size golden statue of MacPhail should be installed on Eutaw Street. The statue should be a scene of Andy wiping his rear-end with a Yankee cap! :eek:

Archived