Ramon Hernandez to the Yankees?

My O's Face

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love it...but I wouldn't want Hughes or Kennedy in return...they are scrap now. Anyone have an idea what MI prospects they have?
Hahahahaha

You wouldn't take Hughes or Kennedy for Ramon?

I'd take either of those guys for Ramon even if they had their pitching arms amputated. Getting rid of his awful contract and clearing space for Wieters is more than enough return for trading Ramon. A PTBNL that we never plan on naming is plenty for Ramon.

I would love it...but I wouldn't want Hughes or Kennedy in return...they are scrap now. Anyone have an idea what MI prospects they have?

Hughes isn't scrap and Kennedy is far from scrap. If we could pull off one of those two it would be a huge steal. I don't see the Yankees ever doing that. I think we'd get a C prospect. Maybe another Adam Stern type at best...

We would be lucky to get either guy for Hernandez. You really think the final chapter for either of them is written?

I could see them taking him if we eat maybe half of next years contract.

Really though Hernandez has looked horrible behind the plate this season. But with the Yankees sniffing the wild card crazier things have happened.

Moving Ramon Hernandez and having the potential to pick up a couple of arms (I don't care if one of them IS Ian Kennedy) would be a total no-brainer.

Ramon's bat won't put the Orioles over the hump or potentially to .500 this year (with the exception of the HR against the Tigs the other night, that was nails). A few young arms, on the other hand, would help the Orioles immensely.

If Ramon Hernandez brings home some arms and frees most of his contract off the books, it's a no-freakin-brainer.

Hahahahaha

You wouldn't take Hughes or Kennedy for Ramon?

I'd take either of those guys for Ramon even if they had their pitching arms amputated. Getting rid of his awful contract and clearing space for Wieters is more than enough return for trading Ramon. A PTBNL that we never plan on naming is plenty for Ramon.

Mackus is exactly right. The auction for Ramon starts at zero, in players. If we get one offer, we scream "sold" and hand the merchandise over. If we get more than one offer, then we extract whatever extra AM can pull off and thank our lucky starlets. The real question is what we do if we get zero offers (how much contract is it worthwhile to eat?). Hard to size up his trade value at this point, as Ramon's bat has been cooking lately while everything else has been falling apart.

By the way, if Ian Kennedy were sent to us for Ramon Hernandez, I think we should all just agree that Andy MacPhail is the greatest GM of all time, and use this trade as the focal point of the debate. If Phil Hughes were sent instead of Kennedy, I think MacPhail immediately gets voted into the Hall of Fame. I don't see any debate on this.

Not that I ever see it happening. I'd literally take a D-level prospect for him at this point. And I'm probably the biggest Ramon backer left here.

Archived