Ramon Hernandez to the Yankees?

My O's Face

So Hughes and Kennedy had decent season's last year, they come in this year and are awful.

Hughes- 22.0IP 34H 23R 22ER 2HR 13BB 13SO 2.14WHIP .362 AVG. 9.00ERA in 6 starts this season.

I would bet ANY amount of money that everyone on this board would be asking for their head if they were playing for the O's this year...without a doubt!

Kennedy- 37.2IP 41H 32R 31ER 5HR 25BB 26K 0W 3L 1.75WHIP .279AVG. 7.41ERA in 8 Starts this year. Plus this kid looks like he is about 10 years away from being a caveman.

Now tell me why these guys are studs? Please don't say you would be supporting them...you wouldn't and everyone knows it! No one on this board would put up with their pitching...Burres & Olson combine are not as bad as either of these!!!!!!!

Let the homerizing begin...:rolleyes:

These two are absolute stud prospects who were rushed a bit when it was discovered that the Yankees old rotation was old. The Yankees ultimately decided they wouldn't part with Hughes to get Johan Santana. They're not giving up and parting with him now to get Ramon Hernandez.

http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=22192

http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=31139

Notice the hits/ip and the K/bb ratios.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Hughes and Kennedy had decent season's last year, they come in this year and are awful.

Hughes- 22.0IP 34H 23R 22ER 2HR 13BB 13SO 2.14WHIP .362 AVG. 9.00ERA in 6 starts this season.

I would bet ANY amount of money that everyone on this board would be asking for their head if they were playing for the O's this year...without a doubt!

Kennedy- 37.2IP 41H 32R 31ER 5HR 25BB 26K 0W 3L 1.75WHIP .279AVG. 7.41ERA in 8 Starts this year. Plus this kid looks like he is about 10 years away from being a caveman.

Now tell me why these guys are studs? Please don't say you would be supporting them...you wouldn't and everyone knows it! No one on this board would put up with their pitching...Burres & Olson combine are not as bad as either of these!!!!!!!

I can understand that MFY prospects are alot of times overvalued b/c they're MFY's, but come on. You would rather have Ramon than Kennedy or Hughes.

These two are absolute stud prospects who were rushed a bit when it was discovered that the Yankees old rotation was old. The Yankees ultimately decided they wouldn't part with Hughes to get Johan Santana. They're not giving up and parting with him now to get Ramon Hernandez.

http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=22192

http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=31139

Notice the hits/ip and the K/bb ratios.

I will go along with whatever the O's think is necessary. Penn was rushed as well, now who knows when or if he will make it back up.

I can understand that MFY prospects are alot of times overvalued b/c they're MFY's, but come on. You would rather have Ramon than Kennedy or Hughes.

I personally would say no...but I can tell I am alone in that respect. I think they are overrated, as shown by their performance this year.

If the Yankees offer either Hughes or Kennedy for Ramon and MacPhail doesn't take it, Angelos should fire him on the spot...

Never in a million years would that trade be offered though so I don't know why we are even discussing it. I'd buy a Kevin Millar jersey before that would happen. ;)

If the Yankees offer either Hughes or Kennedy for Ramon and MacPhail doesn't take it, Angelos should fire him on the spot...

Never in a million years would that trade be offered though so I don't know why we are even discussing it. I'd buy a Kevin Millar jersey before that would happen. ;)

I don't see how if you've watched the Orioles Magic video you can not like Millar. He's a great personality.

First, I would expect that if either of those guys were in the Orioles organization, they'd be at Norfolk and EVERYONE (so to speak) would be clamoring for them to be called up. (This is just a hypothetical... Hughes is actually injured right now. And Kennedy is in 'AAA' where batters are hitting under .200 off him.)

Second, you're thinking EVERYONE thinks a certain way instead of realizing it's usually a handful of posters complaining about the same thing ad nauseam. (I'm not calling anyone out, I assume I have my repetitively expressed opinions like anyone else.) There is probably no issue on which EVERYONE here thinks the same way... except whether they'd trade Ramon Hernandez for Phil Hughes. :)

First, I would expect that if either of those guys were in the Orioles organization, they'd be at Norfolk and EVERYONE (so to speak) would be clamoring for them to be called up. (This is just a hypothetical... Hughes is actually injured right now. And Kennedy is in 'AAA' where batters are hitting under .200 off him.)

Second, you're thinking EVERYONE thinks a certain way instead of realizing it's usually a handful of posters complaining about the same thing ad nauseam. (I'm not calling anyone out, I assume I have my repetitively expressed opinions like anyone else.) There is probably no issue on which EVERYONE here thinks the same way... except whether they'd trade Ramon Hernandez for Phil Hughes. :)

You are correct, I generalized that statement. 99.9% of this board would want their heads if they pitched that bad for the O's this season :D

I agree 100% ... The O's would be lucky to rid themselves of Ramon for the infamous PTBNL

I will go along with whatever the O's think is necessary. Penn was rushed as well, now who knows when or if he will make it back up.

I personally would say no...but I can tell I am alone in that respect. I think they are overrated, as shown by their performance this year.

I think you're missing the point. Ramon has very little trade value, we really can't expect anyone good in return for him. So even if you don't think much of Hughes or Kennedy(neither will be offered for Ramon anyway), they at least have a chance of being good. You think that chance is lower than most, but you have to think it's higher than getting an prospect ranked 450th in baseball.

I agree! If the Yanks offer anything, we should jump. I do have a question, though. After the July 31st deadline, Ramon will be put through waivers and if the Yanks claim him and his salary shouldn't we jump at that?

I know it is fashionable to dump on Ramon, but at least his offense has come around the last two months. Since May 27, he has hit .277/.337/.473. On the year, his OPS finally cracked .700 yesterday for the first time since April 5. Among 30 catchers with 200+ plate appearances, Ramon's OPS now ranks 20th, and there are plenty of guys who are only a little bit ahead of him. The way Ramon has been hitting, I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish with a .750 OPS that would have him in the top half of all catchers, offensively.

I'd be the first to agree that Ramon's defense has deteriorated tremendously the last two years, but I still think he has more value than many realize. People want to paint him as equivalent to Javy Lopez two years ago, but he is nowehere near that poor. We should be able to pick up a decent piece form a team that really needs a catcher down the stretch (Yankees).

Archived