Esskay Orioles Franks — a Baltimore mainstay — to disappear soon from Camden Yards

Going Underground

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hot dogs are one thing, but remember those tube hamburgers 7-11 had/has?  They'd just rotate on that hot dog warmer, oozing grease.  Anyone who'd eat that just doesn't care if they live to tomorrow.

I think I'd rather stick with the Slim Jims. 

10 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hot dogs are one thing, but remember those tube hamburgers 7-11 had/has?  They'd just rotate on that hot dog warmer, oozing grease.  Anyone who'd eat that just doesn't care if they live to tomorrow.

I will admit to eating a few of those back in the day. :)

6 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think I'd rather stick with the Slim Jims. 

Why is the grease orange, and why is there so much of it?  And is the casing some kind of semi-biodegradable plastic?  I'll eat scrapple, pon haus, potted meat, canned deviled ham, store brand hot dogs, pork cracklins, kidney pie, tripe, tendons... but it would take a lot for me to eat another Slim Jim.

31 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Are you talking about the truckstopper sandwich? I ate a few of those in my day.  But I think the only consumers of those were drunks coming out of the bar at 2AM. 

4 hours ago, atomic said:
The Council estimates Americans consume 20 billion hot dogs a year - more than twice the retail sales figures. That works out to about 70 hot dogs per person each year. Hot dogs are served in 95 percent of homes in the United States.

That is pretty amazing that American's eat 70 hot dogs a year. I don't eat any so someone is making up for my lack of consumption.  I guess this is an income based thing.  Maryland has the highest median income in the country.  So perhaps we aren't the main hot dog market anymore.

I occasionally get a hot dog at a ballgame, but I generally prefer polish sausage or a brat, and that’s what I eat at home (but probably only 4-5 times a year).    

Archived