Orioles announce Non Roster Invites

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, bobmc said:

You def can't see the forest for the trees .... she'll be back when he starts rattling on about UZR, rWAR, fToT, BABIP, freakin' K rates and Nickie!  ?

I’ve been married 32 years and my wife still puts up with my Orioles’ obsession even though she thinks I’m a little nuts.   

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Get it together, Firestone, sack up.   You're a diehard along with the rest of us.  Last year might have been a nasty surprise of sorts but this year, embrace the suck.  It's coming.  It could be brutal.

Or it could be surprisingly fun.  And I'll take losing baseball any day of the week over NO baseball.  There's a light at the end of the tunnel here.  Of course, that light at the end of the tunnel could be a rapidly approaching train.  Most likely.  But BASEBALL.  Focus on the positives.  

You're not kidding anyone, you'll be watching.  :) 

I just told the man who made Rod Tidwell cry to sack up.  My day is made.  

Roy hasn't figured out that a team with zero hopes can be a lot more fun than a team that is plotting how a big year from Joey Rickard just might get them the 2nd wildcard.  All the successes will be unexpected and awesome.  Even if there's only, like, three.

45 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Diaz is a bit of a surprise (in a good way). 

The #Orioles will get to look into some of their future early this year. Top prospects Yusniel Diaz and Ryan Mountcastle have received invites to big league Spring Training. : https://atmlb.com/2sKsh2 

Why would Diaz be a surprise?  Just because the OH isn't as high on him as the National folks?  He played the whole season at AA, why wouldn't you invite him to big league camp?

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Bundy was on the 40 man and was one of the top pitching prospects in the game.

The first part of that is the most important.  Bundy signed a major league contract out of high school.  That put him on the 40 man roster which is an automatic invite to ST.  (Mr Corn, I know you know this.  Just clarifying for jrobb.)

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m pretty surprised Akin wasn’t invited.    Organizational pitcher of the year, and pitcher of the year in the Eastern League.    Only one level to go before he reaches the majors.   I’d think they’d want to have a look.    But, whatever.

Elias noted his spin rate was lacking?

Archived