Orioles sign Nate Karns

interloper

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was happy to see some stats about Karns. His homerun rate isn’t great, and will probably be worse in Baltimore, but his other counting stats seemed to be trending up. A solid pick up when you compare Karns with Most of the slop we’ll be throwing out there in the four and five spots. I think he can do well.

if Dan were still around, he’d be signing someone with as much baggage for 30 times the money So even if Karns fails, it’s an improvement.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, I guess atomic can sleep at night now, knowing that we’ve signed a major league free agent.   Good luck to Karns, I hope his shoulder stays attached to his body.   

He has Tillmans injury? If so im not counting on Karns taking the #4. #5 Maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I don't think Mike and Sig would have signed him if he wasn't healthy. Come on guys. They are very busy people and wouldn't waste there time signing a guy who wasn't healthy.

I don't know if that is true.   They could think he will be healthy sometime this season and help the O's.  We don't have enough information yet to know how Karns healthy is to start ST.

I think you guys are being a little pessimistic on his chances to return. Clayton Richard, Tyson Ross and Matt Harvey have all returned from thoracic outlet surgery. It isn't established as Tommy John surgery, but it isn't a new experimental procedure.

Some folks seem to be missing the point that nothing matters. If he happens to chew some innings to the tune of 4.50 era or better, great. If not, great. If he gets hurt and a guy like Yefry steps in, great. 

Lol. 

It doesn't matter! $800k is only marginally more than the major league minimum, so it's a non-factor in terms of salary. 

The guy has an option, but you can just release if you want because he's essentially free. 

Rebuilding is freeing, man. I kinda love it. 

Also, if he's good you trade him because the other team will find his arb year and option attractive. 

Archived