Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well when you are coming off the worst season ever and have a $161M contract, I think you go to something a little better than a strip mall eye doctor. 

The mall eye doctor and the Johns Hopkins eye doctor should equally able to determine if you have vision problems.  

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's certainly in the conversation as one of the worst contracts.  I think it's got a chance to be the worst when it's all said and done.

At least Davis has never pulled a gun on a teammate

35 minutes ago, atomic said:

I like how you are referring him to Hopkins.  I think if you need glasses or contacts you could go down to your local Pearl Vision Center or Lens Crafters and they could hook you up.   Its not like he needs a cornea transplant or has glaucoma. 

The Orioles eye doctor is from the Wilmer Eye Institute (Johns Hopkins).

Elliott Myrowitz 

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I was just talking about baseball.  

I guess Pujlos could be argued to be worse. Pujols has provided a total of zero WAR the last 3 seasons and has 3 season more to go.  Davis had one good deal in his contract.   So 6 bad seasons.from Davis.  I guess if you wanted to you could say Pujlos is paid more those 6 last seasons so the deal is worse.  

But really Pujlos was never as bad as Davis was last season and has been at least replacement level.  So it a stretch to call that deal worse.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I guess Pujlos could be argued to be worse. Pujols has provided a total of zero WAR the last 3 seasons and has 3 season more to go.  Davis had one good deal in his contract.   So 6 bad seasons.from Davis.  I guess if you wanted to you could say Pujlos is paid more those 6 last seasons so the deal is worse.  

But really Pujlos was never as bad as Davis was last season and has been at least replacement level.  So it a stretch to call that deal worse.  

It looks neck and neck.  

What I saw from Davis today was very concerning.    It’s one thing to go 0 for 3 with two strikeouts, but those were terrible at bats.    Particularly annoying to me was when the O’s had a runner on 3B, nobody out and Davis took a 1-1 pitch that was outside half, top of the strike zone — perfect sac fly material.   Strike 3 was a close pitch but strike 2 was the RBI opportunity.

I’m trying as hard as I can to keep an open mind, but Davis looks as bad as last year or worse.   

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What I saw from Davis today was very concerning.    It’s one thing to go 0 for 3 with two strikeouts, but those were terrible at bats.    Particularly annoying to me was when the O’s had a runner on 3B, nobody out and Davis took a 1-1 pitch that was outside half, top of the strike zone — perfect sac fly material.   Strike 3 was a close pitch but strike 2 was the RBI opportunity.

I’m trying as hard as I can to keep an open mind, but Davis looks as bad as last year or worse.   

The strike out pitch where he just flailed completely at it was pretty bad too.

But yeah...He needed to make some type of contact and get a run in.