Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

9 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

"There's this whole narrative of 'Why don't guys just hit ground balls to short?' The answer is: (a) It's not that easy and (b) it's the complete thing you've taught yourself your entire baseball career to avoid.

This is true, especially (b).  So with Davis, as he has nothing to lose at this point, he should spend the entire offseason and next season restructuring his game to perfect the "ground ball to shortstop" swing.  Become the "anti-hitter" in order to become a hitter.  Forget power and go all average.  What if Davis batted over .400 by hitting mostly ground balls to SS and bunting down the 3B line, but with no homeruns.

31 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

This is true, especially (b).  So with Davis, as he has nothing to lose at this point, he should spend the entire offseason and next season restructuring his game to perfect the "ground ball to shortstop" swing.  Become the "anti-hitter" in order to become a hitter.  Forget power and go all average.  What if Davis batted over .400 by hitting mostly ground balls to SS and bunting down the 3B line, but with no homeruns.

If he started hitting the ball to the left side of the infield or bunting frequently the shift would disappear.   Like I have said many time he doesn't seem the smartest of guys.  

33 minutes ago, atomic said:

If he started hitting the ball to the left side of the infield or bunting frequently the shift would disappear.   Like I have said many time he doesn't seem the smartest of guys.  

Your right.  I don't buy the "other teams are happy" if Davis bunts or hits away from the shift for a single.  If Davis starts getting 2 or 3 bunt singles a game, the other team will care, because that will eventually mean that Davis is scoring runs.  OTOH maybe not with the Orioles since they can't seem to score anyway no matter how many runners are on base.  

Each plate appearance, if you do not make an out it is successful.  Davis needs to adjust his hitting philosophy if he wants to continue playing baseball. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2018 at 8:38 AM, ScGO's said:

What did Einstein say?  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?  

That whole "definition of insanity" thing is absolutely ridiculous:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/in-therapy/200907/the-definition-insanity-is

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Chris Davis will get an appreciation thread when he leaves in 4 1/2 years.   

Maybe we can petition MLB to officially change the name of a strikeout to a Davis. Or maybe they can create an award for the worst player in the league and call it the Davis. 

On 6/22/2018 at 6:15 PM, SteveA said:

o

(JUNE 22nd)

Chris Davis 2.0 debuts tonight. He's taken time off, he's worked with Coolbaugh, he's worked with Brady. He's been declared "ready."

This will be the Chris Davis 2.0 thread. Chris Davis is currently hitting .150/.227/.227/.454.

But not Chris Davis 2.0. He hasn't batted yet. Maybe he'll be better, maybe he'll be worse. But we have a shiny new CD 2.0 in the lineup tonight, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt. In the Chris Davis 2.0 thread, the past is behind him, and we have an interesting Rookie to watch and see if he's Major League material or not.

o

o

Chris Davis )(2.0) lllllllll [JULY 27th]

120 llllllllllll Plate Appearances

7 llllllllllllllll Home Runs

16 lllllllllllllll RBI'sl

2   lllllllllllllll Stolen Bases ) (0 Caught Stealing)) 

4 lllllllllllllllll Doubles

10 lllllllllllllll Walks ) (2 Hit-By-Pitch)) 

38 lllllllllllllll Strikeouts

.168 lllllllllll Batting Average

.250 lllllllllll On-Base Percentage

.652 llllllllllll OPS

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/29)

NUMBER 12

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

39 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/29)

NUMBER 12

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

o

(vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/29)

NUMBER 13

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 8/07)

If there were such an award as the LVO, Chris Davis would win it hands down for the 2018 season.

Aside from the fact that he went 0-for-4 with 3 Strikeouts on one side of the ball, his errant throw on a routine grounder ........ which easily could have been a rally-killing double play ........ instead opened the doors for a Rays comeback which erased a 2-run Orioles lead late in the game.

o

• Thanks 1

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 8/07)

If there were such an award as the LVO, Chris Davis would win it hands down for the 2018 season.

Aside from the fact that he went 0-for-4 with 3 Strikeouts at the plate, his errant throw on a routine ground-ball ........ which easily could have been a rally-killing double play ........ instead opened the doors for a Rays comeback which erased a 2-run Orioles lead late in the game.

o

You know when OffNY turns on you then you must be completely bad at baseball. 

• Upvote 1