Who replaces Joe Angel

HowAboutThat

I wonder what the Radio ratings are.  The Orioles only had 27k viewers per game in prime time for TV.   Orioles radio had a market share of something around 5 percent.  But it seems like Nielsen doesn't publishes how many people that is.  But I am guessing it isn't a significant number.

At a certain point you have to wonder if broadcasting Oriole games on the radio makes financial sense. 

44 minutes ago, atomic said:

I wonder what the Radio ratings are.  The Orioles only had 27k viewers per game in prime time for TV.   Orioles radio had a market share of something around 5 percent.  But it seems like Nielsen doesn't publishes how many people that is.  But I am guessing it isn't a significant number.

At a certain point you have to wonder if broadcasting Oriole games on the radio makes financial sense. 

I certainly listened to more radio games than I did watch televised games last year. This is mostly because I have to set up a VPN and all manner of hijinks in order to watch an Orioles game because MASN is a trash fire that won't allow in-market streaming. 

I am certainly not going to pay Comcast or Verizon for a channel package just to watch an Orioles game. I am going to find a way to stream that game online for free. I imagine there's a few thousand O's fans who do the same. Radio, though, I can pay $20 and listen to it all spring and summer on my phone, and I'm happy to do that. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I certainly listened to more radio games than I did watch televised games last year. This is mostly because I have to set up a VPN and all manner of hijinks in order to watch an Orioles game because MASN is a trash fire that won't allow in-market streaming. 

I am certainly not going to pay Comcast or Verizon for a channel package just to watch an Orioles game. I am going to find a way to stream that game online for free. I imagine there's a few thousand O's fans who do the same. Radio, though, I can pay $20 and listen to it all spring and summer on my phone, and I'm happy to do that. 

DM me, let's put our heads together.  I gotta figure out a way to watch games this year, too.

• 3 months later...

I really miss Joe Angel, we were spoiled at least from a broadcasting standpoint for a very long time. Him and Manfra worked well together. O's could be losing 8-0 and I would still listen to Angel.

Hunter is solid on the radio, much better than tv. Kevin Brown is okay, nothing against him. Like I said, we were spoiled.

1 hour ago, O's are Legends said:

I really miss Joe Angel, we were spoiled at least from a broadcasting standpoint for a very long time. Him and Manfra worked well together. O's could be losing 8-0 and I would still listen to Angel.

Hunter is solid on the radio, much better than tv. Kevin Brown is okay, nothing against him. Like I said, we were spoiled.

We've been very spoiled. Thorne, Palmer / Angel, Manfra - fantastic duos on TV and radio. 

Archived