Manny: O's didn't show me any love

TonySoprano

5 hours ago, ledzepp8 said:

Was he though?  By general counting stats, last season was his best offensive season.  But he still wasn't as good overall as he was in 2015.  That being said, even with how good of a season he had last year, he wasn't even in the top 10 in WAR overall.

You're looking at stats that include his defensive production (WAR). He was a beast at the plate last year while playing in the best division in baseball in the worst lineup I'm baseball. No question.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Frobby said:

And not really being approached about a long term deal after 2013, despite dropping hints on several occasions that he’d be interested in having that discussion.    

I agree his comment wasn’t aimed at all at the city or the fans.    He said the opposite many times.    

If Manny meant he felt he was disrespected by Peter Angelos, then he should have just said that.   And we all would have agreed. 

The Orioles drafted him and gave him a shot to be a major league ball player. They gave him a hefty bonus and gave him the chance to become a millionaire 300 times over. That's all any team owes a player in reality. As good of a player as Manny was here, I really wasn't upset to see him traded or really miss Manny the persona. 

48 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

The Orioles drafted him and gave him a shot to be a major league ball player. They gave him a hefty bonus and gave him the chance to become a millionaire 300 times over. That's all any team owes a player in reality. As good of a player as Manny was here, I really wasn't upset to see him traded or really miss Manny the persona. 

This I don't get. Sure he didn't run out a few grounders, but I really don't feel like Manny had a "persona" when he was in Baltimore. He was just sort of there. The bad guy reputation didn't start publicly until he was on the Dodgers then it just snow balled every time he opened his mouth. 

56 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This I don't get. Sure he didn't run out a few grounders, but I really don't feel like Manny had a "persona" when he was in Baltimore. He was just sort of there. The bad guy reputation didn't start publicly until he was on the Dodgers then it just snow balled every time he opened his mouth. 

I am on board with you. Sad to say, he isnt the only one in baseball that didnt run out a few grounders.

I think some just want to hate the man, since he left town, and is now a "traitor".

Archived