Can Mullins have a bad spring .....

wildcard

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Do you think Elias will look for a waiver wire claim in CF if Mullins is not hitting at the end of ST?

The only way I could see Mullins not starting the season in center field is if he literally looks lost at the plate at the end of spring training and Elias thinks a little more AAA time would do him some good. 

The only real CF option in camp is Hays right now and I think he's starting in the minors regardless of his spring. This could mean if a CF option is available late on the waiver wire and it buys some time then it's possible Elias goes that route, but if I'm a betting man, I'm guessing Mullins is in CF on opening day.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Rickard in center if Mullins does not earn a spot?

I hope not. I'd like to see Rickard make the team as a +4th OFer, but would much rather give Mullins the majority of starts in CF. Until and if he struggles at the plate like last year.

I do worry about Mullins' arm. Not strong at all from the little I've seen.

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The only way I could see Mullins not starting the season in center field is if he literally looks lost at the plate at the end of spring training and Elias thinks a little more AAA time would do him some good. 

The only real CF option in camp is Hays right now and I think he's starting in the minors regardless of his spring. This could mean if a CF option is available late on the waiver wire and it buys some time then it's possible Elias goes that route, but if I'm a betting man, I'm guessing Mullins is in CF on opening day.

I sure hope you are right.

4 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

He should. This team has to carry a guy that couldn't hit little league pitching because of his damned contract. That's the shame of it.

I think CD would destroy LL pitching. Especially with the short OFs...

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's one week of ST. 

Can we stop making projections/assumptions/declarations?  

I mean, if one week of regular season games is considered a small sample size, I think a week of ST games should be considered a minuscule sample size.

Knee jerk reaction and over reacting are more fun to read than logical thinking.  I mean so what it has been only a week.  Our boy Chance is headed to the HOF after his week. Lol

4 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

Knee jerk reaction and over reacting are more fun to read than logical thinking.  I mean so what it has been only a week.  Our boy Chance is headed to the HOF after his week. Lol

I get on wildcard’s case sometimes for overreacting to small sample sizes.   But here, he’s clearly asking what happens if Mullins has a bad spring.    He’s not assuming that will happen.  It’s an interesting thing to consider IMO.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I get on wildcard’s case sometimes for overreacting to small sample sizes.   But here, he’s clearly asking what happens if Mullins has a bad spring.    He’s not assuming that will happen.  It’s an interesting thing to consider IMO.

Was only joking around... Personally I don't see Mullins as an everyday CFer in the majors. 

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thanks for understanding the difference.  I have not even expressed an opinion in this thread.  Just asked questions.  I have enjoyed the answers others have given.

Archived